cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mentor

Movie star ratings

Hi,

Where do the star ratings come from under the movie info? Is it possible to rate one after watching? I'm using a web broswer to watch at the moment.

Thank you 🙂

This post has been archived

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Movie star ratings

Hi @Bleakfang

Thry come from Sky.  No you can't rate them unfortuntelySmiley Surprised

Please click on Thanks if I've helped.
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, therefore I can help with issues about the service, but not account related issues.
If it solves the problem, please mark it as an accepted solution to help other members.
Thanks!

View solution in original post

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

6 Replies
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Bleakfang

Thry come from Sky.  No you can't rate them unfortuntelySmiley Surprised

I'm a Community Contributor not staff, therefore I can help with issues about the service, but not account related issues.
If it solves the problem, please mark it as an accepted solution to help other members.
Thanks!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@pethead65

Can Sky customers on their devices rate the movies or does the Sky team come up with these star ratings ?

Don't have Sky, so i am just wondering out of curiosity.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps wrote:

@pethead65

Can Sky customers on their devices rate the movies or does the Sky team come up with these star ratings ?

Don't have Sky, so i am just wondering out of curiosity.

My guess is sky use rotten tomatoes as a guide. Maybe every 20% is a star?

Just a theory 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps

Well I was always told that Sky came up with them as I don't think at the time any movies got below 3 stars!!  I think that might have changed, but I don't see many with one star.  To be honest I'm not a fan of Sky Movies on NOW TV for the obv. limitations on pic & sound quality, which i think in 2016 is a joke!

Thanks!

Highlighted
Advocate

After enduring the new Ghostbusters which Sky rated as 4* I have to assume that there is no logic to them and I'll now revert to checking other sources.

I, wrongly, assumed that a 4* movie would be fun. Instead I feel I have wasted almost 2 hours of my life hoping it would get better, and it never did! 

Highlighted
Mentor

Reference new Ghost Busters movie, I agree.  Surely all Movie, Box Sets etc should be rated by consumers and not by a  sycophantic promotional team?  I for one am not happy with the stars system used by Now TV / Sky.

0 Thanks