cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Money being taken yet no account

I have been tweeting about this and been told to message on here. I have noticed that every month £9.99 gets taken out of my account from Nowtv but I have never signed up or given my card details. I cannot cancel the direct debit with my bank account because it doesnt show yet the money has been coming out since 24th August 2014 from looking back in my account. Can someone please explain to me how this has happened and how to stop it and get my money back. Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User payment is taken against your debit/credit card, so somebody must have entered them back in 2014. My guess would be that you (or someone in the house) saw an offer for £10 free credit towards the PS Store, XBox Live or a high street voucher when you started a 30 day trial of NOW TV movies. However they never really used the service but didn't cancel the pass and it's renewed each month.

If you try logging in to My Account with your usual usernames and passwords you might see you current passes and a button to cancel it (if you see a page asking for card details you've found a logging which is for Sky, but not NOW TV).

If you don't have any luck with that try the forgotten username link on the login page, or if you have a large email history try searching for NOW TV as one of the emails might contain your username.

It is possible to get your bank to block the payments, you'll need to ask them to stop a continuous card authority going out. Some staff say it's not possible as it's not a direct debit, but they are wrong and must stop one if instructed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting, sorry to hear this. As mentioned by @Anonymous User there are many reasons to why an account could have been opened. I would need to look into this for you and I'll send you an e-mail. Keep an eye out on your account.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you. I look forward to hearing from you.