cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Missing Cinema Pass

Hi,

This month I applied a 2 month pass on to my account. It came with a new Now TV Box. It went through OK and updated my next payment date as I expected. However I got billed this month and I suspected it was because I applied the pass two days before the payment was due. So I went into my account to check and was suprised to find the 2 month pass had disappeared! The chat line was less than helpful as apparently this can't happen. has anyone else applied a pass only to have it disappear again?

It would help if they sent an email when you apply the pass, at least then I would have proof of what happened!

32 REPLIES 32
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy

As you know i always use the Voucher code method and never once had an email confirmation from NowTV Smiley Sad

I always take a screen shot after applying the voucher to my passes (just in case something goes wrong on my account) however, i would imagine most NowTV customers would not consider doing this which is understandable.

Never had any NowTV promo offers, only time that i ever get an official email from NowTV was when i purchased a Sports Pass, cancelled a Months Sports Pass and lastly anytime NowTV increases their prices.

Like you i have "opted in" to receive NowTV emails.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps Don't suppose you opted out at some point and then opted back in did you? That's what I did and since then I've not received any promo emails that I can remember (altho I don't keep everything so can't be 100% sure). I queried this a year or so back and was assured I was opted back in properly.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy

Nope, i have never opted out of not receiving emails from NowTV and then opting back in at a latter date. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi Everybody.

Just out of interest could NowTV members confirm on here if they receive an email notification from NowTV when you either apply an entertainment, cinema or kids voucher code pass to your account.

Before replying here, can you also confirm that you have never opted out from receving emails from NowTV by un ticking the box in My Account > Account Details.

Also would be interested to know, if you also receive any NowTV Promotional Offers from NowTV by emails ?

In my particular case, i don't receive an email confirmation after applying an entertainment or cinema voucher code pass to my account (never tried a kids pass or voucher so can't confirm) and never once received a NowTV email promo offer when "opting in"  for requests to receive all emails from NowTV.

Look forward to your replies.

Thanks in anticipation.

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps

Hi Schnapps

The only thing I can say with any certainty is that the last time I added a pass, which was 10th July, I did not receive an email confirmation.  However, I cannot say with that I have never received a confirmation.  You see, I tend to regularly prune my email inbox so any past confirmations, if the ever existed, would now be lost. 

As for emails, I do get them from Now TV, the latest one received yesterday entitled "6 sizzling shows", but they tend to be alerts to forthcoming shows and other assorted promotions whereby Now TV teams up with another company for a joint money-off events. 

Apart from the "one free sports day", which was pointed out in this forum, I cannot recall any other time when a money-off offer was emailed to me solely concerning Now TV.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Any other forum members not receiving an email notification from NowTV once successfully applying  a voucher code on your account or never seem to get any NowTV email Promotional Offers when "opting in" to receive email correspondence from Now TV, then please post back here.

Thanks.  

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps did you have a dedicated thread for this issue? Was going to post a reply but wasn't sure

Edit: disregard, your post on page 1 was the one I was thinking of

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Looking back on one of my accounts, I've received confirmation of voucher codes added successfully, such as these

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Bit old but I tend not to keep them so lucky to come across. I've also found a few confirmation of cancellations. However for my main account I don't receive emails for payments or cancellations nor promotional emails that I do get sent to the other account, so there is something amiss. On my main account I opted out of promo emails at first, then opted back in a long time ago, queried it with NOW TV team but they said I was opted in fine and should receive everything. 

If if its an issue with some accounts for some reason then it does need looking at. 

For instance some users are telling customers they will receive confirmation if they have cancelled properly but it looks like you can't guarantee this is happening, nor the reverse that if they didn't get an email then it means they didn't cancel properly.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy

What's baffling is that when i purchased or applied a voucher relating to the Sports Passes either Day or Month (never tried a Week Sports Pass so can not confirm) that i always received a Now TV email notification, together with a cancel email confirmation when i cancelled my Month Sports Pass.

Since joining NowTV i must have applied more than twenty five passes (entertainment & cinema) and never once had an email confirmation from NowTV that the voucher code was added to my account.

Apart from cancelling my Month Sports Pass where i received an email notification, i cannot confirm the email cancellation notification for a entertainment or cinema pass due to that i have never to date cancelled these passes.

Never once had a NowTV promo offer of any type, which is disheartening where you read on the forums that other members seem to be getting these special deals or offers and you begin to think to yourself why don't i never get these offers myself Smiley Sad

I also seem to get the NowTV Trial invitation emails with no problems (must have had about three email invitations for the latest coming soon trials in the last two weeks) Smiley Happy

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps

Yeah the promo ones (lack of) is annoying. Out of interest if you have an ents/movie pass due to end soon why not cancel it just to see if you get an email - won't stop you applying your next voucher. Although I'm not too concerned as I've touch wood never had any problems with payments, vouchers etc and the odd promo I have taken up is mentioned on here, I might drop support a message and ask them to check everything looks ok see what they say.

Then again maybe it's just you and me affected again, like the authentication issues - perhaps we've been put on the NOW TV blacklist ... isn't that exciting! 😉