cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Managing passes on different devices

I was just wondering whether there was any way I can control which of my passes are available on my devices? For example, I would like to stop my cinema pass being available on my Now TV box when my kids go back to school, so that they do their homework rather than watch TV all the time!!! However, my wife and I would still like to watch the movies through our tablet.

Thanks for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User you can set a parental pin. Also as you can only watch on two devices, by watching on your tablets first they won't be able to watch. Of course this doesn't stop them watching normal TV or YouTube. For that I would suggest that you have a timer switch or just sit in front of the TV so they can't see it.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

No way to restrict certain passes just to certain devices (other than setting up different accounts and having different passes on each account) but as a bit of a workaround you could log out of the NOW TV app on the box so that it can't be used (assuming your children don't know the username and password). It's a bit of a hassle as you will need to keep logging back in when you want to use NOW TV on the box, and as @4268 mentioned doesn't prevent the other apps being used. But if you want to try you can sign out from the My Account screen on the NOW TV app.

Alternately you could always unplug the box and stick it in a cupboard!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks both of you for your help,

I should have put more detail in my first post. We also have the kids pass and we'd like to keep that as our children aren't quite as addicted to the programs on that pass and don't whinge as much when we ask them to do something else! I suppose I just wanted the ability to block the cinema pass on the TV box during term time and allow it again when they are both on holidays. Looks like the best way is to get around this is to create a new account and my wife and I can log into this and watch movies on this account when we'd like to and set up a cinema pass on the kids account when it's holiday time. Thanks again!