cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is Now tv the best choice of movies ?

I am new to movie streaming and am currently trialing Now tv free for 2 months. Although there are a lot of decent films on offer, it is still limited. I would have thought for £9.99 a month you could get access to ALL movies old and new as you can with Netflix for £5.99 or is the free Now tv trial limiting the selection of movies and when you  start to pay you get access to everything ?

8 REPLIES 8
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

...or is the free Now tv trial limiting the selection of movies and when you  start to pay you get access to everything ?

The trial gives you access to all the NOW TV/Sky Movies content.

Out of interest what movies were you hoping to find that are not available?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I subscribe to all three main streaming services in the UK (NowTV, Netflix and Amazon) and IMO NowTV has a bigger movie library content and offer a wider selection of newer & older release films and seem to cover most genres than their two main competitors.

However, i do find some of the Netflix & Amazon own original produced shows are excellent and Netflix do seem to offer more independent (inde) flims togther with what i would call obscure cult b movies which appeal to a lot of people.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, I have noticed a lack of Art/foreign type films that I like to watch. Shame there isn't an App on the Now tv box for Netflix. I could trial them free for a month too and see what they have.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Yes, I have noticed a lack of Art/foreign type films that I like to watch. Shame there isn't an App on the Now tv box for Netflix. I could trial them free for a month too and see what they have.

@Anonymous User Since NOWTV is a 'rival' company, there is no way they would have Netflix. A lot of devices though have a Netflix app so try those. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

So... What movies were you hoping to find on the NOW TV service that are not available?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I preferred Netflix to Now TV movies package.  I expected more recent movies in the Now package but too many date back to the 1990's.  I also find the Now search options limiting.  I want to be able to sort movies etc. by release year, and by English speaking / foreign with English subtitles.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Agree with you about searching, the website lets you search by actors, directors and sort and filter results, and a few of the apps have better search, but the NOW TV box is too basic. I find NOW TV selection more mainstream than the others, which is good in one sense as they have more of the top blockbusters than the others. However I like world cinema and Asian horror and Amazon Video are much better there, and I like Netflix's original content films which are churning out some really good films lately. 

Once your 3 months is up bear in mind there's no contract with NOW TV so like the other services just stop it and start it whenever you find there's a handful of films worth seeing.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I wish I had done the free trial first.  Unfortunately I have paid for three months in advance.  Like you, I found Netflix movie choice better value for the money.  The Now tv movie catalogue consists of too many old movies.