cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have Cancelled Sky Cinema Twice now and I'm still being charged.

Ok so.. I'm not sure what is going on but I have been on the NowTV website Twice and cancelled my sky cinema Pass. When I first bought the NowTV box it came with 2 months free Sky pass. Since most of the films on there are pretty much old and out dated I decided to cancel as these are all films I have watched.

I noticed a £9.99 charge on my bank statement from NowTV a few months back and I thought... hmm how odd, So  I logged back onto the website and I saw again the Sky Cinema pass was still in active mode. 

I thought oh well ok never mind i'll let it slide "still confused" as to why it had even activated again though.. Anyway after cancelling I have not been charged for a long while, so I thought great, it has been cancelled.

So Today 27 - 7 -17 I've just looked at my bank statement and low and behold a payment has gone out to NowTV for £9.99 for Sky Cinema Pass. I have logged back onto here and Sky Cinema is back active again.

I have not ordered Sky Cinema at any given time, nor has anyone else, because I live alone and no one else has access to my home at all. I want to know why this Sky Cinema Pass keeps coming back active when I have cancelled it on more than one occasion now. 

I need answers, or if this has happened to anyone else. 

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same thing happened to me with sky sports. I am sure I cancelled it yet I was billed last week. Then I cancelled this morning, and logging in I can see I have an active pass. I only wanted sports for the British lions rugby so £33 is too much to pay when I don't use it. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Here is a link guide on some of the reasons why customers still get charged when they have cancelled the nowtv service.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/cancelled-now-tv-but-still-being-charged

The three common reasons, are that customers have multiple usernames (taking advantage of the reduced prices free trials or promotion offers for new signed up members).

Sometimes people who are currently on a pass will by a voucher code from Retailers and instead of applying the voucher to their existing username they mistakenly set up a new username account.

Also some customers will hit the cancel button on their passes assuming that the process is completed (ie assumed it was a one click process) where there is a few more steps required on screen for the pass to be cancelled.

Once your pass is cancelled you should have received a notification email from NowTV, i would double check your email and junk mail folders for the cancel notification email.

If you are still struggling and going around in circles then your best bet is to contact live chat on the link page below.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/cancelled-now-tv-but-still-being-charged

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User and @Anonymous User,

The good news is, if you officially cancelled your NOW TV subscriptions (by accessing the 'My Passes' area of your 'My Account') and followed the cancellation procedure in full, NOW TV would have sent you a confirmation email of your cancellation request(s).

Provided you still have the cancellation email, claiming back any money NOW TV have taken in error should be a straight forward procedure by contacting a NOW TV representative.

You can contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility or 'Send us a message' facility by using a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device, as their web browsers are not sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows). Also, Mac or IOS device users will require JavaScript support enabled in their Safari internet browsers. Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • To 'Send us a message', click on the light blue 'Send Message' button.
  • To start a 'Live Chat', click on the dark blue 'Chat online' button.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

FRtG

*(~z-

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have had a similar thing happen to me. I wanted the entertainment pass and was offered 14 day free trial of the movies which i accepted. Thought i had cancelled the movies pass but reading this thread realise there were another 27 "yes i want to cancel" screens to click through..........

I have recently moved to talktalk for broadand and have taken their cinema pass as part of the package,this goes live in two days so i really have no use for the movie pass. Not very impressed at all. The cancellation process should be much clearer .

I will be canceling both the movies and entertainment pass never subscribing again and sharing my experience with everyone i know.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

please excuse my first post . The cat walked across the keyboard when i left the room i ran out of time to edit the post and it wont let me delete it

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Unless your NOW TV subscription is directly through Apple (via an iTunes account) or you've received a NOW TV promotional offer through Vodafone, the official way to cancel your NOW TV subscriptions is via your NOW TV account.

It's recommended that you use a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device, as their web browsers might not sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows). Also, Mac or IOS device users will require JavaScript support enabled in their Safari internet browsers. Here's what you need to do: -

• Log onto your NOW TV account via this forum using the same log-in details as your NOW TV playback device.
  • Then click on the coloured 'Canel' button which is located within each of the NOW TV services you have subscribed to (ie: Entertainment, Cinema, Kids, Sport). You should see something like this: -

cancellation.PNG

• A new "We hate saying goodbye" web page will be displayed.
  • Scroll down to the bottom of the web page.
  • Click on the purple coloured 'I don't want my contract free pass' button on the bottom right of the web page.
  • Follow the remainder of on-screen instructions/questionnaires and retention offers, if any...

If the above mentioned 'cancellation' process has been completed correctly, you will receive a confirmation email from NOW TV.

Cheers