cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Help setting up account

I am trying to set up my black now tv box, I have entered all the details to set up an accountand it came back stating error.  I didnt enter a code all I put in was my name, address, email, password and bank details, what have I done wrong

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous User
Not applicable

What error message is the box displaying?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It just says sorry there has been an issue with your sign up.  I put in my wrong card details first of all so I tried to set up another account with my correct card

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

It just says sorry there has been an issue with your sign up.  I put in my wrong card details first of all so I tried to set up another account with my correct card

@Anonymous User

Quick question when you updated your card details, did you still use the same username & password ?

You could also try power the box down at the mains, give it a minute then power the box back on again. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I used a different user name but used the same password.  Can I cancel all the details I have used and start again

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I used a different user name but used the same password.  Can I cancel all the details I have used and start again

@Anonymous User

Hopefully, my other post should get up and running (fingers crossed).

Also, just has a precaution, go into your My Account on the NowTV website sign in with the old username & password (the username with the wrong bank card details), go to My Passes and if screen gives you an option to cancel, then cancel it.

*****Whatever you do, make sure you don't cancel your account with the newer username & password with the correct bank details ******.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If you did change your NowTV username and password when you added the correct credit/debit card details to your NowTV account.

Then you will have to do a hard factory reset on the back of the box (see link page below) and when the box does it's initial setup make sure your input the new username & password to the box when asked in the setup screen menu.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Hard-Reset-NOW-TV-Box

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok will try this in a little while and will let you know if I am successful

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Itried setting up an account without the black box connected to the tv is there where I have gone wrong. Should I try again with the box connected to the tv

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Itried setting up an account without the black box connected to the tv is there where I have gone wrong. Should I try again with the box connected to the tv

@Anonymous User

Yes the TV needs to be switched on.

Once you have done the hard factory reset on my linked page below.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Hard-Reset-NOW-TV-Box

If you click on the set up box again highlighted in green, this will take you to a help guide (don't worry it's says white box on the help guide, the black box has the same setup procedure)

Then just follow the step by step instructions by pressing either the yes box or the no box at the bottom of each help guide page.

******Its Important that you enter the newer username & password when the box ask for this information during the TV on screen setup on the NowTV black box********.