cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Friday The 13th (Part One)

Hi,

Why isn't the very first Friday The 13th film not listed -- I don't mean the 2009 remake?

I can't watch the others that are listed until I've seen the first one. Quite puzzling.

TIA

Stephen
7 REPLIES 7
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy You have the honour of explaining. You like these films. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Welcome to the weird world of streaming services! I don't know why but for some reason they've never had all the Friday the 13th films in one go, for a long time part 5 was missing and it was only available on Netflix. Now we have Part 5 but no original. Pretty sure the original has been on here in the past (or I might be getting mixed up with Netflix - @caseyb1993??) but Jason X has never been on. It's usually due to rights issues - NOW TV get the rights to some films but not others, but I'm not sure why they can't get the whole lot in one go.

I'll tag @Anonymous User and @Anonymous User from the NOW TV Team in case they can give you any further news. As big horror fans we share your pain, but if it's any consolation if you have even the slightest idea about the first film, missing it won't really spoil your enjoyment of the others, apart from loose connections between them you can pretty much enjoy any of them in any order.

image.jpeg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy

Thanks for the reply. I'll await a reply from the two people you have called out 🙄.

You know what kicked this off. Halloween. I so enjoyed watching it (again) on Now that I got all geared up to watch the sequel, but, alas, it wasn't there, on the list. Couldn't believe it. What a downer.

So I thought I'd watch the Friday films.

So now I have two dilemmas. Friday part one and Halloween part two.

I couldn't mention Halloween as the title was specific to Friday.

It's late. I appreciate your reply, once again.

~ S.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cheers, Case. A bit of a poser, eh? 🙄
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Yeah it is a bit of a dilemma. Can't help with F13 but regarding Halloween one possible solution would be to sign up for a free trial of Shudder and watch Halloween 2 and 3 (which is not a sequel but an unrelated story) there - remember to cancel the trial before it renews if you choose that route.

Can't see H2 streaming anywhere else.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

Yes, I think this is a totally fair call about having them all on at once (or not...) and again @Andy is correct this is just related to rights and scheduling. I have been told that the complete series should be available together later in the year, however we can't really make promises - it's the nature or streaming content, things outside our control can change scheduling. But so far, this is definitely the plan.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Paul

Later in the year? Great. I'll take out a pass this time next year. I'll add a reminder to my calendar.

Nice work,

S.