cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Feeling a let down...

I'm a little annoyed by the new user sign-up for gift cards...

I've just signed up with a £15/2 month gift subscription card for cinema, but there is a site offer for £9.99 (which I assume I'd get the 14 days free trial with)

so I've been left with 2 months for £15, when I could have had 2 1/2 months for £9.99 ... seems mighty unfair

to top this off, I tried asking this quesiton directly to customer services in a message through the now tv site but keep getting a response that 'there is a problem, please try live chat' ... which is also unavailable because it's after midnight...

so, my first impressions are:

... content is great

... the way you treat new customers is poor (i.e. offer)

... my new customer experience is really poor. (i.e. support+offer)

Not really a good starting point, if you want to see me keep paying for this... as I feel ripped off and ignored.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Tony-D thank you, the email does indeed sort most of this, and I'm now happier... but it really would have been easier to come to this solution (£5 refund) without having to go to this trouble?

If people in good faith buy your "gift" cards - especially as their probably used for new accounts more often than maintaining an account - it would make good customer service to ensue there is a similar deal available automatically... I can't have been the only person to sign-up with this gift card during the £9.99 offer? ... how hard would it be to give an 'extra month free' for the £15 cards or something (as essentially your selling 2 months at £4.99/month on the website offer) so it's similar, if not an identical offering... at this point, just an idea though. 

@Anonymous User Yeah i know what you mean. At least your happier anyway. I never thought of it like that but form your persperctive i can now see it. I'll pass the feedback on for you anyway and hoepfully it goes somewhere. Thanks for getting in touch again 🙂

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

I'm a little annoyed by the new user sign-up for gift cards...

I've just signed up with a £15/2 month gift subscription card for cinema, but there is a site offer for £9.99 (which I assume I'd get the 14 days free trial with)

so I've been left with 2 months for £15, when I could have had 2 1/2 months for £9.99 ... seems mighty unfair

to top this off, I tried asking this quesiton directly to customer services in a message through the now tv site but keep getting a response that 'there is a problem, please try live chat' ... which is also unavailable because it's after midnight...

so, my first impressions are:

... content is great

... the way you treat new customers is poor (i.e. offer)

... my new customer experience is really poor. (i.e. support+offer)

Not really a good starting point, if you want to see me keep paying for this... as I feel ripped off and ignored.

@Anonymous User Hi, sorry about the whole offer situation. Can i ask where you got the £15 for 2 months offer at all?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

bought the 2 month pass at currys pcworld yesterday

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

bought the 2 month pass at currys pcworld yesterday

Oh, that explains i then. As the offer for 2 months for £9.99 was online, and the card is physical there is always a high chance that the card is either better than online or worse. It's just the way it is in this case unfortunately. We are always changing offers online as w ehave the ability to do so but we can't change the cards as these are printed and have the offer embedded permanently on them 😕 Sorry about this @Anonymous User

Anonymous User
Not applicable

again though, not the most customer friendly answer... and really not making me feel all glowing about the liklihood of quality customer support in the future...

If I understand you correctly, what you seem to be saying is...  basically, sorry but you got a bad deal, suffer with it...

can you explain why I didn't even get the free trial... which I assume should apply to all new accounts. 

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

again though, not the most customer friendly answer... and really not making me feel all glowing about the liklihood of quality customer support in the future...

If I understand you correctly, what you seem to be saying is...  basically, sorry but you got a bad deal, suffer with it...

can you explain why I didn't even get the free trial... which I assume should apply to all new accounts. 

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User I didn't mean it like that, i was just saying that the card was printed before ht eonline offer went up. W ecouldn;t change it and the card are still for sale at retail 😕 However, i have emailed you regarding the trial ok? Check your inbox. Hoepfully we can get this sorted. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Tony-D thank you, the email does indeed sort most of this, and I'm now happier... but it really would have been easier to come to this solution (£5 refund) without having to go to this trouble?

If people in good faith buy your "gift" cards - especially as their probably used for new accounts more often than maintaining an account - it would make good customer service to ensue there is a similar deal available automatically... I can't have been the only person to sign-up with this gift card during the £9.99 offer? ... how hard would it be to give an 'extra month free' for the £15 cards or something (as essentially your selling 2 months at £4.99/month on the website offer) so it's similar, if not an identical offering... at this point, just an idea though. 

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User Yeah i know what you mean. At least your happier anyway. I never thought of it like that but form your persperctive i can now see it. I'll pass the feedback on for you anyway and hoepfully it goes somewhere. Thanks for getting in touch again 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the solution to this... glad we got there in the end Woman Happy