cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Expiry dates of Shop-Bought Passes With Now TV Box

Ok this has been asked several times before but can someone at Now Tv tell me the "Use by" date on passes included with Now TV boxes? The little booklets showing the pass number do not have an expiration date shown anywhere.

I assume it is a minimum of 12 months after purchase or is it ?

Can someone at Now TV answer this simple question which has been raised before.

I don't want to use live chat for an answer because with another matter I went round and round in circles to get an answer to a basic question.

Can you advise please ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jason-C
Community Administrator

@Anonymous User

Yep, 12 months from Argos should work out okay, but let us know if you run into any troubles and we'll give you whatever advice we can.

Sorry to hear you've had troubles talking to us! This is something we're working on, but in the meantime if you still need to chat, hopefully this will make things a little easier:

- Click Here (it should take you to a Contact Us page)

- Click on Start chat for live chat or Send Message for an email

We also have a direct email address available in our Terms and Conditions. We usually guide people towards our Help site as it contains a lot of information which often can answer most questions, much more quickly than asking us.

Thanks,

Jason

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks to Jason and other contributors in supplying me with the info I needed .

I now feel more confident with Now TV. The service itself has always been good, but the procedure to contact Now Tv had me confused . Your help with this  has solved my query.

Thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy wrote:

The chap I Live Chatted with was so helpful that he offered to consolidate two of my 3 month vouchers into one 6 month pass

PS. I have enough vouchers to last until the middle of next year.

I'd rather have my passes de-consolidated if that was possible.  With Westworld gone, there isn't anything I am watching on entertainment and it runs for another two months Smiley Frustrated .  Instead I am on season 5 of Walking Dead on Amazon Prime.

I have a 3 month voucher ents voucher with a May expiry, but 13 months of Cinema vouchers.  So I can't take advantage of Winter Madness Smiley Sad

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi CE

You know, I agree with what you posted to @commanda6 because I too rather look for cheap voucher deals than buy more boxes but if I have to I will.

As far as my own consolidated vouchers, I've found that there is more than enough stuff on NowTV to keep me more than occupied, as you may know I love super hero shows and films but thanks to NowTV I'm also trying to embrace other genres.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I recently bought a replacement box specifically because it came with 2 sports day passes.

However, neither worked and when I contacted Chat was told they were expired and there was nothing they could do.

Spoke to the merchant and they told me to speak to NowTV.

Not happy, as I would not have purchased the product without the passes, which are seemingly worthless.
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Hi W1

You said, "...recently bought a replacement box ......with 2 sports day passes, neither worked when I contacted Chat was told they were expired and there was nothing they could do." You went on to say, " Spoke to the merchant and they told me to speak to NowTV".

I'm no lawyer but my understanding of UK consumer law is that the Merchant, the shop or company that took your money, is responsible for insuring that every in the package that you bought should work.

However, the Now TV team may help you in this respect, as you see I have tagged them into this post, but I believe the merchant you bought your goods from is fobbing you off.

You see, I ran into a similar situation, I had bought 2 x 3 months entertainment passes, one worked and the other didn't, so I demanded my money back or a replacement pass.  Within a few days I received, by email, a replacement pass.

Good luck

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I bought the box via Amazon (but a 3rd party retailer)  they tell me to speak to Now TV.

I don't want to return the box, I am using it. But I would like to use the sports passes.

NowTV again say they can't help me. Apparently, the passes have expired. How is any of this my fault?

Yet again Mr consumer is ripped off.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If Now tv won’t issue you with replacement codes then it’s up to the seller to help, could be the codes expired quite a while ago which is why they aren’t prepared to issue replacement codes.  It’s the seller that’s ripping you off in this case, youneed to return it for a refund.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have an expired code ..so wrong that they want proof of purchase when I have the vouchet and the code which they cn see hasnt been redeemed. Not happy and feeling duped