cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Expiry dates of Shop-Bought Passes With Now TV Box

Ok this has been asked several times before but can someone at Now Tv tell me the "Use by" date on passes included with Now TV boxes? The little booklets showing the pass number do not have an expiration date shown anywhere.

I assume it is a minimum of 12 months after purchase or is it ?

Can someone at Now TV answer this simple question which has been raised before.

I don't want to use live chat for an answer because with another matter I went round and round in circles to get an answer to a basic question.

Can you advise please ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jason-C
Community Administrator

@Anonymous User

Yep, 12 months from Argos should work out okay, but let us know if you run into any troubles and we'll give you whatever advice we can.

Sorry to hear you've had troubles talking to us! This is something we're working on, but in the meantime if you still need to chat, hopefully this will make things a little easier:

- Click Here (it should take you to a Contact Us page)

- Click on Start chat for live chat or Send Message for an email

We also have a direct email address available in our Terms and Conditions. We usually guide people towards our Help site as it contains a lot of information which often can answer most questions, much more quickly than asking us.

Thanks,

Jason

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User they don't have expiry dates in them as Now won't know exactly when the vendor will sell them. It would be pretty annoying to buy a box with passes. Keep for a couple of months whilst using up another and find it has expired due to being in the warehouse! It also means that stock is not over wasted. Normal consensus is that voucher last 12 months from purchase. If you have difficulty chat can apply the pass or if it has expired with reason apply a new code for the same deal.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I don't want to use live chat for an answer...

Shame, because it is probably the best way.  I ask them and they tell me the expiry date.

There is no logic to expiry dates in boxes which I bought from Tesco, Amazon and Argos.  Some are less than 12 months, and some close to 2 years.  If you have a couple of  vouchers it is well worth knowing when they expire so you appy them in the right order at the right time.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

I don't want to use live chat for an answer...

Shame, because it is probably the best way.  I ask them and they tell me the expiry date.

There is no logic to expiry dates in boxes which I bought from Tesco, Amazon and Argos.  Some are less than 12 months, and some close to 2 years.  If you have a couple of  vouchers it is well worth knowing when they expire so you appy them in the right order at the right time.

This is why it's sometimes worth buying the box packs from NowTV themselves on the NowTV site because NowTV have all your orders on file. If you give them your order number and the voucher code that came with the box. If there turns out to be an issue with the voucher code. The usual course of action would be to issue you with a new code.

NowTV usually say that the voucher codes that come with the boxes are meant to be valid for 12 months from the date of purchase . So if you go to apply the voucher within 12 months, then you shouldn't have an issue and if you do NowTV can resolve it really easily.

Whereas, if you buy a box from a third party seller things can often be a bit more complicated. Most shops won't exchange if  card  has been scratched and the voucher code has been revealed.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

commanda6 wrote:

This is why it's sometimes worth buying the box packs from NowTV themselves on the NowTV site because NowTV have all your orders on file. 

Sure but they are far cheaper on Amazon/John Lewis/Currys/Argos/Tesco.   But I generally have proof of purchase.  A little riskier buying codes on eBay as you don't know how long someone has had them.

Jason-C
Community Administrator

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch. The forum members have given some great advice, but I may be able to help further.

If purchased from an official retailer (such as Tesco, Asda, Dixons or John Lewis - there are many more) the vouchers within a NOW TV Box bundle should be eligible for a year after purchase. This is also the case for many gift cards which can also be purchased in stores.

If you're concerned about the eligibility of a specific code, our live chat or email team can check any individual voucher for you. Although I appreciate this may not be your conversation style of choice, they can do so in a confidential fashion so the code doesn't get seen by eagle-eyed internet dwellers!

Hope this answers the question! Give us a shout if you need any more info.

Thanks,

Jason

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the info regarding expiration dates, I'll assume 12 months as I purchased from Argos.

However Now tv is  hopeless in trying to get to live chat It can sometimes take me an hour or longer to find it which is very frustrating.As for email I assume its an email written via a web page and not a normal email address. I have never seen an email link.  Why Sky/Now TV make it so difficult for  customers to contact them apart from the cost savings involved is beyond me.

How many points out of 10  would  Now TV  deserve  for ease of contact , is their a minus figure ?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

As a shortcut to finding live chat and email links, bookmark the following page

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Apply-Voucher-Gift-Cards

Jason-C
Community Administrator

@Anonymous User

Yep, 12 months from Argos should work out okay, but let us know if you run into any troubles and we'll give you whatever advice we can.

Sorry to hear you've had troubles talking to us! This is something we're working on, but in the meantime if you still need to chat, hopefully this will make things a little easier:

- Click Here (it should take you to a Contact Us page)

- Click on Start chat for live chat or Send Message for an email

We also have a direct email address available in our Terms and Conditions. We usually guide people towards our Help site as it contains a lot of information which often can answer most questions, much more quickly than asking us.

Thanks,

Jason

ukbobboy
Legend

@Michael8888 @Andy @commanda6 @4268 @Jason-C @Anonymous User

Guys

My experience I had with Live Chat was so different from Michael's, I'm surprised that we are actually posting about the same place.

Last night I contacted Live Chat because I have a number of vouchers and I wanted to find out if they were:

1) Valid?

2) Would they be still valid when I wanted to use them, i.e. the expiry date.

The chap I Live Chatted with was so helpful that he offered to consolidate two of my 3 month vouchers into one 6 month pass and he also spotted that one of the vouchers had an "O" in it's code rather than a "0" (zero).

After consolidating my two 3 month vouchers, he went on to confirm that my passes would be valid to use when I was ready to apply them to my account.

As far as I'm concerned I got 10 out of 10 service.

UK Bob

PS. I have enough vouchers to last until the middle of next year.