cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did I do right - Live Chat - Personal information

I was asking a few general questions on Live chat about canceling, what to do and how to and what would happen etc. Just for future reference. When we finished, the person asked me for my user name, email address etc. Just seemed a strange time to ask for them, so I said "what for?" He said for account security to which I replied "Ummm that doesn;t seem right, wenot discussed any persific to my account and my person details" He said he needed them, but seemed desperate for them. It concerned me, so I ended the live chat without giving them. 

Did I do right, or should I given the details? really seemed strange to ask at the end and not the strt of the conversation. Its concerned me a little.

5 REPLIES 5
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Live chat usually do ask for some security information to allow access to your account details, email address or username would be one of them, so I wouldn't be too concerned although I agree on the occasions I've used live chat they usually ask for these near the beginning of the conversation.

I wouldn't worry about not giving the details out if you were just asking general questions, what I'll do though is tag @Karl-F the NOW TV community manager here who can pass your feedback onto the relevant team. 

Did you get the answers to any questions you had?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Thank you, I think so. I can cancel at any time there is no like 30 day period, anytime I cancel it's closed immediately, I won't be charged for a new month. Also if I cancel and still have time on my Pass, it will stop the renew but can still use till my pass runs out. 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Yep, that's all right, I'd always recommend cancelling passes well before the end date to make sure you don't forget, if you leave it until the last minute you may find NOW TV have already started the payment taking process for the next month.

Live chat are great for queries that need looking into your account but just for any general questions about NOW TV you have feel free to post them on the forum in future.

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for letting us know. 

I think it's always important to make sure you protect your information if needed. 

In this case it depends on whether or not you were signed into your NOW TV account when you started a Live Chat. If you were not signed in, our advisers require a specific set of information in order to access customer accounts and provide customers with information regarding that account. 

The info that we require helps identify the correct account that the adviser is looking at and so we can provide you with your information.

I hope this helps and clears things up for you and it sounds like you've been provided with the information that you need. 

If you have any other questions, please feel free to post right here on our community, our superusers are always around and willing to help. 🙂 

Thanks, 

Karl

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Andy @Karl-F

Hi David

You know, whenever I buy a pass I contact Now TVs help chat to confirm that it's valid and I can use it when I am ready, usually between 3 to 6 months from date of purchase.

However, I get paranoid when they start to ask about specific purchases, i.e. where did you buy it, etc., that's when "the shutters come down" and I refuse to answer anymore questions.  I mean, if the pass is valid then why ask supplementary questions.  However, if there is something wrong with the pass I get back onto the retailer and ask for a replacement pass or my money back.

In these times when identity theft and financial scamming is rife, I simply do not believe in answering or volunteering anymore personal or financial information than I have to.  That's why I never take part in "telephone or online surveys", "doorstep census" or dealing with questions about "my utility usage".

Peace Out.

UK (Paranoid) Bob

PS.  Oh yeah, whenever I get those unsolicited calls from "Microsoft" (scamming call centres) I just put the phone down.