cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cinema retention offer

Hi, I was just going through the process of cancelling my cinema pass and was offered 4 months at £3.99 which I accepted. I received a email saying the offer had been applied and immediately received another email saying may pass had been cancelled. Logging on to my account I can see it is showing as cancelled with no sign of the £3.99 offer. Any help reinstating this offer would be appreciated. thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Probably best to pop onto live chat, explain what's happened and see if they do anything for you. To get to live chat, go to the following help page and choose the live chat option.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/how-do-i-cancel-now-tv

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have you been successful in contacting NowTV and getting your offer reapplied?

I have tried to contact NowTV via Online Chat but have been waiting for over an hour for an Advisor to become available a couple of times during the day. I have typed messages to them only to be shown a “Woops something went wrong” message from them when I tried to send it. I then tried to send them a message a number of times but nothing is happening when I press the green Send message button! This has been happening all day. 

I'm in the same situation as you are regarding a missing pass offer:

Today I checked my Passes and saw that my next payment due is £9.99 and this would be taken in a couple of days. As I can’t afford this I cancelled my Movies pass. I then remembered that I should have been on a £3.99 per month offer for the next four months. I have checked my emails and have an email from NowTV confirming this: Ref Cinema 3.99per month for 4months starting at the end of the month. I'd like this reapplied but can't contact anybody to sort it out.

Anyone know if there is a problem with their online help today?

Thanks 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the forum. Don't think there's an issue with the online chat - it's become available for me after about 10 seconds. Try using a different browser and/or device if you can, eg instead of a PC try a tablet/phone browser. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Andy 

I'll try that ... had no luck at all today trying to contact them all day!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi again Andy

Chrome would not work but Edge did. 

After spending over half an hour talking with online chat I now await an email from "the concern team" regarding my missing pass!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Thanks for letting me know, hope it gets your issue sorted 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi RojTV, 

Not sorted it yet. I had exactly the same problem with the chat. nothing seemed to work. good tip about using edge as I was also using chrome. I'll give it a go and see if it will work.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Chat worked on IE11. Took 1hr to sort (after which the online chat timesout). Luckly for me the Now TV rep emailed me as there is no was to get back in touch. On the downside, although this offer was not applied to my account through a technical error at Now Tv ( which I proved to the rep with a screenshot of the email) they said they could no longer apply this to my accout. They offered a new offer but was not as good. shame to dangle a carrot waste hours of your time and then take it away due to their own technical faults. not very happy 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had exactly the same offer and it's becoming absolutely ridiculous.  Had the 14 day trial and then subscriibed for one, possibly two months.  Cancelled and then was offered the 4 months for £3.99 per month.  Received a confirmation email to say that the offer had been applied to my account. Went to watch a movie on Saturday and it said i needed to purchase a pass.  Checked my account details etc and no reference to the 4 month deal.

Tried to message them but the messages would not send.  Eventually got through to live chat - explained everything only for the connection to be lost.  Got back onto live chat - went over all the details again, to which the person i was chatting to informed me that the offer i got was a system generated one and he could not apply that to my account.  He could offer me 4 months for £4.99 though - i agreed as i was becoming very frustrated by this point as i'd been on live chat for 90 minutes. He tried to apply the offer but then the connection was lost again!!  The good thing was he had the intelligence to email me but since then i've been supplied with 2 voucher codes to apply and neither of them are recognised.  I've tried to apply via my phone, my laptop at home, my tv and my pc at work and they still won't work. They've asked me to re-enter the codes about 6 times - which i have, but i know for a fact i'm entering them correctly.

This has been going on for 3 days now and i'm extremely annoyed with the whole process.  The fact that you cannot even speak to someone over the phone makes NOWTV the worst customer service i have ever had to deal with.  The latest suggestion is to check i have 10p in my bank account or on my card to make sure the voucher can be applied.  I've informed them that i have sufficient funds in my account to cover the payments.

It's a disgrace that the system generates an offer, which firstly doesn't look like it can even be added to your account and secondly, when you do try and query it, they cannot even match the offer THEY sent to you!