cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cinema pass and charge

Hi, I signed up to now tv cinema and received the 1st mth free, during this period I add a 2 month pass so I shouldn't have been billed till November.
Imagine my surprise when I get billed today, I check my bill and it states I should have been discounted but I have then been charged.
So I go on live chat and they offer to refund the amount. While discussing it the cut me off, so I start again.
Now the 2nd agent states the refund has been auctioned but I wasn't due free cinema for two months!, I confirm when I added the code. They ask for the code I wouldn't keep the code after adding it!!.
I feel not only cheated out of two months cinema but also for being charged from my bank when I shouldn't have!.
7 REPLIES 7
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

It sounds like your original 2-month voucher pass did not go through correctly. So the service 'rolled-over' and your card was charded instead.

If you're able to provide proof of purchase for your original 2 month voucher pass. I don't see why there should be a problem...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't as when I applied it I chucked it, however it did confirm I wouldn't be billed till November, when I questioned it further because they have refunded the recent charge they advised they cancelled my movies!!!!. It's really stupid
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Iam a sky customer and this really has made me think about cancelling everything
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

A quick question if you are a Sky customer did you use a Sky ID when taking advantage of the free month NowTV trial, then mistakenly setup a second username when applying the two month voucher code ?  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No I set up a separate account for my now tv from the getgo
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Feel like Iam being made out to be a liar, plus when I explain the situation to live chat, why did they action the refund knowing it would cancel my cinema before investigating what I was saying. It makes no sense
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I had exactly the same problem. I applied a 3 month voucher in August  and my account said it would run until November and now  I've been charged.

I spoke to 2 people on live chat (after the first session timed out) and was told the most they could offer me as a 'loyal customer'. Would be a refund of 1 month and a code for another month. Apparently they couldn't recreate the original voucher code because I bought it from a retailer and no longer have it. I'm annoyed about the fact that their system confirmed I'd have the pass until November and then suddenly it didn't. 

The fact I bought the voucher from Tesco in a sealed box doesn't matter if their system isn't up to scratch and tells you one thing one day, and then something else entirely!

I asked for my complaint to be forwarded on to a manager and I expect a reply within 24-48 hours. All I want is what I paid for, which doesn't seem like much to me. 

I'm not letting this go and I'm not prepard to accept 'we're sorry you didn't get any of what you paid for, here's two thirds of your money back'.

We'll see!