cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cinema Trial - error

Hi,

Yesterday I wanted to enable my cinema trial. And whatever I selected (My account / passes) - Cinema movie, etc - I got following error on my screen:

Sorry, there was an error

Please try your order again later

I've checked this today morning and the same error displyed.

So this are my questions now:

1. How I can quickly report issue - didn't find any support numbers / emails when I can report this (and my account shows that all services are up and running)

2. There is no more details about error - only this above.

3. I am not able to enable my cinema trial at this moment - and there is no info whether this is global or only for me.

4. How I can be contacted to help me solve this issue as quickly as possible?

5. Anyone had this issue as well (noticed in last 2 days).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Couple of things you could try first. Check that your payment details are correct and up to date on your My Account > Payment Details page 

https://account.nowtv.com/payment-details

You could then try a different browser and/or device to start your free trial (eg try a phone/tablet browser rather than a PC or vice versa) if available. Alternately you could try starting the free trial from your NOW TV box (open up the NOW TV app and from the main menu go to the My Account screen and you'll see an option to start a free trial).

If you're still having trouble you can contact NOW TV via live chat or send a message (there's no telephone number except for broadband customers).

You can send the NOW TV Team a message or get to live chat from the Contact Us page

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

(expand the Anything Else section at the bottom for options)

PS make sure you haven't already had a free trial before eg on a previous account, as this will stop you getting another free trial and you could be charged. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Today is Monday, 5th of Feb 2018 and my lovely shiny and new nowtv box is about as useful in accessing Sky movies as a chipped China dog in my local BHF charity shop.
Perhaps, being old, knackered and on the scrapheap, I keep being mistaken for a robot trying to sign in to my account on my dusty tv which, shame on me is not a smart tv. Boo hoo, boo, hoo, not a good consumer of high value goods but I do my best. Nowtv, pull your finger out of your ear and let me in or I'll huff and I'll puff on my moth eaten settee !
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the forum. Is it the 'robot captcha code' you're stuck on when setting up a new box? They have been known to cause issues for some people - try resetting your box to start the setup process from scratch (depending on which box you have there's either a reset hole at the back - push a pin in and hold until the box restarts, or there's a reset button underneath, push and hold for around 30 seconds).

If that doesn't help, try having a word with live chat and they can check everything's ok with your account. You can send the NOW TV Team a message or get to live chat from the Contact Us page

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Couple of things you could try first. Check that your payment details are correct and up to date on your My Account > Payment Details page 

https://account.nowtv.com/payment-details

You could then try a different browser and/or device to start your free trial (eg try a phone/tablet browser rather than a PC or vice versa) if available. Alternately you could try starting the free trial from your NOW TV box (open up the NOW TV app and from the main menu go to the My Account screen and you'll see an option to start a free trial).

If you're still having trouble you can contact NOW TV via live chat or send a message (there's no telephone number except for broadband customers).

You can send the NOW TV Team a message or get to live chat from the Contact Us page

PS make sure you haven't already had a free trial before eg on a previous account, as this will stop you getting another free trial and you could be charged. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Andy

Thank you for help with this. I checked this with NowTV support team and issue was CC details as you suggested.

That was something new for me that CC details are required to start 14 days trial. As I confirmed that this was in Terms and Conditions I pernsonally not agree with this practice. Especially that some people reported on this forum that they were charged within 14 days of trial.

I know that this kind of practice is happening - however this also forcing customers to spend extra time for checking if they was not charged on CC during free trial. In my opinion this should work totally opositive. Start trial, if not accepted to extend, auto - switch off - simple. If one accepted to extend - one should agree to make paymet with CC. However this is my personal opinion. I also guess that many customers prefer this way, is this right (Just generic question)?

Best regards.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply to my query. I do what you suggested with that cheap piece of plastic I call a modem when freeview is playing up eg. picture freezes and it fixes the problem. I also unplug it and put it on the naughty step, wagging my finger and scolding it in my native Polish tongue.
I then cook blood sausage. That does the trick.