cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chromecast £2 for 2 months offer vanished

Just came to claim the 2 months for £2 Cinemapass offer that came with my Chromecast and it's vanished. I tried to apply it earlier, but it wouldn't let me due to my black Friday pass being active. The Chromecast site states that the offer is valid until 31/01/2017 (https://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/chromecast/tv/chromecast/offers/)

What's going on?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Just came to claim the 2 months for £2 Cinemapass offer that came with my Chromecast and it's vanished. I tried to apply it earlier, but it wouldn't let me due to my black Friday pass being active. The Chromecast site states that the offer is valid until 31/01/2017 (https://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/chromecast/tv/chromecast/offers/)

@Anonymous User  contact live chat and they will deal with it. I had a similar issue with an 11versus11 pass that was supposed to expire end Jan 2017, but had actually expired on the Now database at end Dec 2016.   They gave me a new code which worked. Maybe a similar issue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User  contact live chat and they will deal with it. I had a similar issue with an 11versus11 pass that was supposed to expire end Jan 2017, but had actually expired on the Now database at end Dec 2016.   They gave me a new code which worked. Maybe a similar issue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch as far as we know the Chromecast offer has ended and the expiry date that they provide is based on the code you get when you redeem the offer which would expire on January 31st if not used. However if you have not redeemed and got a code for it then the time would have passed for you to take the offer up. You may be best contacting Google about this as they will be in a better position to provide the terms of the offer to you.

This is Point 3. of the Terms on Google Offers - Promotion only open to 18+ UK residents Offer must be claimed via chromecast.com/offers or the Google Home App and the code activated on www.nowtv.com/promo/chromecastcinema on or before 31 January 2017, otherwise it becomes void. When you click the URL above it does appear that the offer itself has ended.

Thanks

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well I contacted NowTV via chat as suggested by ClockEnd and they sorted me out after looking at the wording on the Chromecast offer page. I guess they could have just referred me back to Google but once they saw the expiry date stated as 31st Jan and no mention of having to claim the code before, the chat guy sorted me out with a complimentary 2 month pass.

So far, I'm impressed with NowTV's customer service. It's the second time I've contacted them, after I had a problem with the functionality of the Chromecast app and then I got a respone within a few hours. So many companies these days are impossible to contact or just plain unhelpful when you encounter a problem, so it's refeshing to recieve prompt helpful feedback and assistance.

Thanks

Andy 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

So far, I'm impressed with NowTV's customer service.... ... So many companies these days are impossible to contact or just plain unhelpful when you encounter a problem, so it's refeshing to recieve prompt helpful feedback and assistance.

@Anonymous User  cool.  I agree with you on the Now TV Customer Service chat.  Always polite and helpful, and will resolve issues and provide information without any quibbling.   Up there with Amazon.  Maybe next year Now will win the customer service award and give everyone £10 off...