cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Buffering poor picture

Hi to everyone on here😀For the last week I’ve been suffering really bad buffering and picture quality.I have tried restarting the now tv box (small black roku unit) turned it off etc.. fibre broadband is running at over 100mps so cant see the problem there. Has anyone got any ideas what to do next. It’s been running fine since November last year. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated 👍👍
12 REPLIES 12
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
I’ve just received another email saying that because my fibre broadband is fluctuating that’s the problem...yes it’s between 80/100 mbps.... now this is utter .......... as I have some one who runs normal broadband(not fibre) on now tv max 18mbps and it works fine... I hate to say but even the one to one chat you have with there advisors,useless they just send you the same questions time and time again .... albeit worded differently.

Sorry @Anonymous User and everyone else for the late reply. Are all you guys still experiencing the same issues? Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue. Again it only started recently. The Roku box is the only device to have an issue. My PC and LG TV (built in NowTV app) work fine. I have tried a wireless connection (spit) as I normally use a LAN cable and it makes no difference (as expected). I also use fibre internet 75meg so exceed the 2.5 meg recomended. I have looked at the hidden menus and set to max network speed with no difference and factory reset the device. The only thing that has changed is the forced updates to the Roku box.

I feel sorry for those who only have the Roku as a means to watch NowTV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think I have found out whats happened. NowTV seems to have bought software to protect streamed media. Where as the PC used to require Internet Explorer and Silverlight. Now they are using a NowTV player essentially a rebadged version of Cisco's digital media streaming software the includes encryption so the content cant be copied. It appears the poor little Roku is spazzing out with the data recieved so the processing is causing the issues not the data recieved rate.