cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Buffering poor picture

Hi to everyone on here😀For the last week I’ve been suffering really bad buffering and picture quality.I have tried restarting the now tv box (small black roku unit) turned it off etc.. fibre broadband is running at over 100mps so cant see the problem there. Has anyone got any ideas what to do next. It’s been running fine since November last year. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated 👍👍
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm seeing the same both with movies and with kids tv. I'm seeing it on both the roku devices I use now tv on.

My Wi-Fi and internet is not the problem as both checkout fine.

Currently watching Logan and picture quality has become unwatchable about an hour in and it's buffering. No issues with Netflix/Amazon/iPlayer/youtube anywhere else in the house. As with OP seems to have statrted this week.

Have has now tv since its release and have been using my Roku devices for well over a year without fault.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having exactly the same issue with Cinema, it’s been happening for the last week and is now pretty much unwatchable due to constant buffering. I have a good internet connection, which has been reset and the box says excellent signal strength. I’ve also tried our spare nowtv box. Pretty unhappy with this. Kids tv seems to work fine.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve just spent the last hour messing around with it but still no good I’m on a wired connection aswell not using wireless. I’ve been looking on here at the hidden menu codes you can put in.... but I don’t want to mess it up further. I’ve updated the software but that’s about it.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just for reference the last time I saw this level of poor service was way back when Now Tv were starting out. On champions league nights movie picture quality would be terrible and buffering would occur.

As with then I have observed my network receiving less data per second during periods of poor picture quality than when picture quality returns to normal. Despite my bandwidth not changing. This points to the Now Tv service not sending as much data.

My playback of Logan has returned to normal now by the way.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So since Sunday still poor reception over all movies I have tried... so i emailed an advisor who basically said what I have already done but again it’s still the same. The advisor then emailed back after,I said that it’s still the same. Then had another email off another advisor basically saying the same again just worded differently.....it’s beyond a joke now.the last email I sent I have told them if the issue is not solved in 24hours I’m cancelling it, I can’t see the point in paying for something I can’t use
Anonymous User
Not applicable

For info mine is still the same with the exception the kids tv is now playing up. If Now TV won’t take notice I think I’ll cancel as well, really can’t see any point paying for this “service”
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Neilc87,

I have been having exactly the same problem with my Black Now TV box when watching shows from the Entertainment and Movies packs. I first noticed this on Sunday night with buffering every few minutes. When the stream eventually resumes, the picture quality is very degraded and unwatchable. This problem only occurs when watching streams from Now TV. Normal catch-up services (BBC iPlayer, ITV etc.) are unaffected by this problem.

There have been no physical changes to my hook-up, and like you, my internet speed is consistent at around 100Mbps. Also, my Now TV box is connected to my router via an Ethernet cable and the HDMI lead connecting the box to the TV is sound. This problem is clearly due to a fault with the Now TV service. I am particularly annoyed as I have recently purchased a 6 x Month Entertainment pass and a 1 x Month Movies pass, and both are now virtually un-watchable. Does anyone know if there is a software update planned to correct this issue ?

Best regards to all.

lenturn
Scholar 2

I've had this issue as well. It coincided with intalling a new Smart Stick, which I thought was the reason for the poor performance, but it seems more likely an issue with Now TV itself.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve just received another email saying that because my fibre broadband is fluctuating that’s the problem...yes it’s between 80/100 mbps.... now this is utter .......... as I have some one who runs normal broadband(not fibre) on now tv max 18mbps and it works fine... I hate to say but even the one to one chat you have with there advisors,useless they just send you the same questions time and time again .... albeit worded differently.