cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bought a box with 2 months movies but had to sign up for one month free trial

Hi all,

I just bought a box with a 2 month movie promotion as part of the package (voucher code inside). I had to sign up to NOWTV since I'm new and had to choose a package option (so I chose the 30 day movie free trial).

Can I continue with my 30 day free trial and then at the end, apply the voucher code to get the 2 month of movies that came with the box (effectively getting 3 months of movies in total)?

Or, do I need to cancel the 30 day trial immediately (to prevent being charged at the end of the period) and apply the 2 month voucher code now?

Advice appreciated.

J

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
Hi @Anonymous User

You are definitely on your 30 day free trial now, yep?

If so, you can apply your 2 month voucher that came with your box today. You will not be charged after your free trial expires, because your 2 month voucher will kick in as soon as your free trial ends (so you will in effect get three months total).

BUT you will be charged at the end of your 2 month voucher if you don't cancel your pass in the final month. Don't be tempted to cancel any earlier though - the system checks at the end of each monthly period and if you've cancelled the pass the service stops then, thus you would lose the second month.

So to put it all in one sentence: apply your voucher now, cancel when you are in the last month of your 2 month voucher. 🙂

View solution in original post

40 REPLIES 40
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the reply. Just to be clear:

- the 30 day free trial that I had to sign up with will not automatically chrge me at the end of 30 days becuase I haven't cancelled before the end of the trial period?

- applying my voucher now means that my voucher will start today and I will get two months of movies (not 3 - 30 day free trial + 2 months of voucher).

- I am able to gte 3 months of movies by applying my voucher at the end of the 30 day period?

Regards

J

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
Hi @Anonymous User

You are definitely on your 30 day free trial now, yep?

If so, you can apply your 2 month voucher that came with your box today. You will not be charged after your free trial expires, because your 2 month voucher will kick in as soon as your free trial ends (so you will in effect get three months total).

BUT you will be charged at the end of your 2 month voucher if you don't cancel your pass in the final month. Don't be tempted to cancel any earlier though - the system checks at the end of each monthly period and if you've cancelled the pass the service stops then, thus you would lose the second month.

So to put it all in one sentence: apply your voucher now, cancel when you are in the last month of your 2 month voucher. 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry for hijacking your thread OP'er.

I activated my box the other day and activated the 30 day free Movie trial,then i cancelled it soon after,so as i don't forget at the end of the month to cancel.

I will be getting a 2 month movie pass tomorrow,if i enter the code will i lose the 2 months when the free month trial expires?

George

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User

Welcome to the community.

No you will b fine, just follow exactly the same advice as above. When you get your voucher, apply it straight away, you will still be on your free trial until it expires, then you will go straight into your 2 month offer. If you don't want to continue with the service after your 2 month offer, just remember to cancel again when you are in the last month (don't cancel before the last month).

Hope that helps 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy_ wrote:
@Anonymous User

Welcome to the community.

No you will b fine, just follow exactly the same advice as above. When you get your voucher, apply it straight away, you will still be on your free trial until it expires, then you will go straight into your 2 month offer. If you don't want to continue with the service after your 2 month offer, just remember to cancel again when you are in the last month (don't cancel before the last month).

Hope that helps 🙂

Cheers mate.Smiley Tongue

George

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I AM SO ANGRY THE FACT I HAVE BOUGHT THE NOWTV AND I CANNOT USE IT AS I ONLY HAVE MAESRTO CARD AND NOWTV DONT ACCEPT IT ???? IM OUTRAGED TO SAY THE LEAST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have just bought a box from tesco, rubbed the voucher for the code for 2 months free and there is no code there!
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User , 

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm very sorry to hear this. 

Can you please send us a picture of the card where the code is supposed to be? 

We'll then try our best to get this resolved. 

Thanks, 

Karl 

NOW TV Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have sent you the picture as requested! Just want a code or the nowtv box will be returned to tesco for refund and I won't be bothering with your services any further
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for posting.

I will send you an e-mail very shortly. 

Thanks

Ranj

NOW TV Team