cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

£9.99 TAKEN FROM MY ACCOUNT & YET i HAVE A 2 MONTH VOUCHER in EFFECT...MY NOW Tv STORY SO FAR!

So this is my NOW Tv STORY so far...

1) Was given a new NOW TV Black Box as a Christmas Present a few months ago. BRILLIANT present so i thought.

I did not open it up or use it until February of this year as i already had a number of films to  watch over this festive period.

Was looking forward to opening it up and watching the 'OSCARS LIVE' and then having a run of 2 months worth of MOVIES
right up until EASTER.

Sadly there was no voucher within my box but after jumping through some hoops (3 times giving some of my info regarding the box purchased) by way of using LIVE HELP CHAT i managed to finally get my 2 month code which i started just before my 14 day
free trial ended on the 9th March.

2) I'm as honest as they come, with an above average intelligence and it's clear to me that although advertised as CONTRACT FREE, Now Tv is clearly going to earn their money from folks who sign up and are either...

a) BIG fans of the MOVIE, TV or SPORTS packages or

b) those that sign up (it's NOT a contract as such as your not signed to it for 3, 6 or 12 months, it's cleverly worded though as you DO have to sign up with a credit or debit card to get any of these 3 options but can cancel at anytime) and FORGET about it, in which case it will be deemed their fault as they did not cancel it...bet they get a lot of funding from those that have simply forgotten they have an active account.

3) Because i did not (at the time of signing up) have my 2 month MOVIE VOUCHER (something funny going on there as i've
read other stories about other folk here not having their vouchers inside these Boxes) i had to sign up for the 14 day free trial
to at least get to use it for 14 days which took me up until this 9th March date but thankfully i managed to get my 2 month
Movies voucher code, BRILLIANT!!! that should now take me all the way upto the 9th of May 2016 now.

4) I've read a lot of stories on these forums, if you have to use your credit card/debit card to sign up for these three
options then so be it, it's our choice (NOW TV don't make it too clear though...so perhaps NOT the BEST christmas present when
it means the reciever will have to give out their card details which is in effect a direct debit until cancelled) but it SHOULD BE EASY to CANCEL right?

I have discovered that if you want to cancel a subscription you should do so within the final month of it (that way you
still get the rest of that subscription right upto and including the final day in that month)

FOR EXAMPLE : i should be getting my 2 MONTHS of MOVIES right up until the 9th of May and i plan on cancelling around say the 2nd of May this should then cancel my movie subscription and STOP my debit card payments??? hmmm i wonder? i've heard stories...but you / i will still be able to watch them up until the 9th May.

5) WHAT I DID NOT EXPECT is for NOW Tv to have taken out a £9.99 debit card payment from my account on the 10th March (one
day after my 14 day free Trial ended) when i clearly had days earlier added my 2 MONTH movies voucher code.
Had i not added this voucher before the end of the 14 day trial i would have been charged had i not cancelled but as i had
a 2 month voucher i could apply i simply did so a few days before the end of this 14 day trial...the correct and logical
option you would have thought...it's right there in black and white that i have a 2 month Movies Voucher now in effect and
yet i was charged!!! crazy!

6) I WANT MY £9.99 BACK!!! and a promise i WON'T be charged another one on the 9th/10th APRIL?

7) I will NOT deny that i have been enjoying this fun Black Box...it streams movies wonderfully, i've watched the Oscars
for the first time in about 15 years LIVE (Chris Rock was Terrific although as suspected he did go on about it a bit too much but still FUN) and there's a GREAT selection of Movies but i was always going to cancel after these 2 months had been almost used up, i was then thinking of waiting approx 9 months and then buying another voucher perhaps around Christmas time 2016 to catch up with all the movies from the rest of this year that i'd missed rather than buying them on dvd or blu ray.

😎 NOW TV would be BETTER for the casual viewer IF they could simply buy vouchers either from retail stores or online and did not have to do so by only using a credit/debit card where obviously some will forget they have done so and will incur costs for
months to come if not cancelled...which of course would be their fault! clever wording, not a contract and yet you are put on a
direct debit unless cancelled...Like i said not ideally suited as a Christmas Present which is a shame.

9) I have used a small seperate BANK ACCOUNT that i use only for purchases online or for topping up my PAYPAL account etc and for signing up to things like this NOW TV account.
WHAT I DIDN'T EXPECT is for NOW TV to take £9.99 out of my account on the 9th March when my first payment was due on the 9th of May 2016 by which time i would have cancelled.

I made sure i had this seperate account linked to NOW TV just in case i purchased another voucher in the future.
I had £10.50 in this account upto the 9th of March which is now down to just 0.51p and i now i have to chase up NOW TV to get this money back...DOESN'T SEEM RIGHT.

Is this stealing? it's certainly NOT right! and i've read stories like it before here but i thought i'd done everything right and by
the book...my 2 month's movie subscription is right there and yet they've taken out one months subscription and this is NOT even
linked to my SKY TV account as i made sure i used a different e-mail and bank account as i'd read there had been issues of
conflict with same named accounts...so how come they've done this? IT MAKES NO SENSE! softward glitch? if so it needs sorting out for EVERYONE...IIF YOU APPLY a VOUCHER CODE you DO NOT EXPECT to HAVE MONEY TAKEN from YOUR ACCOUNT!!!

I shall NOT be putting any more money into this account anytime soon, so if another payment is taken (IT SHOULDN'T) it's likely to bounce, which shall not be my fault, i just wanted to put this up here as a record of my account.

Would simply like to see out my 2 months Movie Voucher until the 9th May 2016, enjoy it then cancel it, which should be easy right? pay nothing more (than my sister's original Box price) and then i'll consider if it's worth all the trouble of buying another voucher perhaps later this year to catch up with all those movies i've missed.

If only NOW tv could clear up these obvious faults i could highly recommend this neat little Box, it works a treat, has plenty of
choice (new premiere's every week...although NOT all GREAT BIG BLOCKBUSTER movie Types each Week) and change of themes eg: ROBOTS, SPIELBERG  etc, although let's be honest a lot of these films have been available before (just need to look for them...so again being clever making it LOOK like more choice when it's pretty much the same)

I'd recommend BUYING a MOVIES Subscription for a month or two at possibly 6 to 12 month intervals but ONLY if these GLITCHES are fixed.

HOPEFULLY someone from NOW TV will read this in the next few days and will contact me about my £9.99 REFUND as well as an APOLOGY?

I would also like to know WHY? this has happened when i still have most of my 2 MONTH MOVIES voucher still in effect, just over 6 weeks left actually until the 9th MAY 2016...this payment has soured what had been an enjoyable few weeks of MOVIE Viewing 😞

29 REPLIES 29
Legend 5
Legend 5

Don't forget to cancel between vouchers eg in June if you don't want to apply a voucher then. Cancelling the pass effectively freezes the account and you can simply reactivate by applying the next voucher. I would take screen prints when you cancel though as the Now system can be a funny bugger and it is easier to show cancellation with screen prints.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry missed that edit. I have the black now TV box
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I no longer have the card with the code on it. I input it about 2 weeks ago and assumed all was OK so threw the card away.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
I no longer have the card with the code on it. I input it about 2 weeks ago and assumed all was OK so threw the card away.

Oh dear... Do you have any proof of purchase?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks. Will try that and report back.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No proof of purchase, it's the one that came with the box. I do have a receipt for that though if that will help
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
No proof of purchase, it's the one that came with the box. I do have a receipt for that though if that will help

Yes it should...

Sufficed to say, in future.... Don't throw anything away!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

also having same issue after being given a discount on my package making it 3.99 for the last 2 months ive been billed 6.99  for the package  no way to call nowtv to rectify the issue dispite them havng sky customer service number for contact they are nothing to do with sky  pls stop ripping me of

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Pop onto live chat they should be able to check why you are not getting the correct price. You'll find the button for live chat on this page

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/NOW-TV-Entertainment-Month-Pass

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

The best advice would be as @Andy has mentioned above.

Live chat would be able to check your account and give you an answer straight away.

Also just to check, if you go to My Account at the top of the page, then click on View My Bills this will show any charges from NOW TV.

If these charges don't match your card issuers statements then it could be the possibility that you may have more than 1 NOW TV Account setup.

Again live chat can check that for you.

Andy