cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

720p or 1080p? Black box

Had our new Black box for about 2 Months and sub to Entertainment , not managed to watch much yet but thought the picture was better than our old Now tv white box?  Is it 1080p or still 720 ? was thinking of taking out Movies . Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The black NOW TV box uses exactly the same streams as the original white box, so it is still in 720p with stereo sound for on-demand content and SD for live channels (although the live channel feeds always look more to me).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The black NOW TV box uses exactly the same streams as the original white box, so it is still in 720p with stereo sound for on-demand content and SD for live channels (although the live channel feeds always look more to me).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Andy , although the picture seems very good it's a shame about the sound being stereo. I am thinking of trying Movies out but don't think i will be happy with the service being as it is.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The black box does output at 1080p, so if your TV has an inefficient scaler the the box might provide better results, even if it's upscaling 720p content.