First Poster

Re: 5.1 Sound and 1080p

Come on, bro; Surely the omission of Dolby Digital sound on new films must irk you? This service is a movie service with no 5:1 sound! What the heck.

Any movie buff worth his salt will balk at that reality. It is shameful.

Champion 1

[ Edited ]

Irf70 wrote:

Surely the omission of Dolby Digital sound on new films must irk you?

Actually, the thing that's currently irking me is that you are submitting posts on this forum using different identities!

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer just like you! •

NOW TV Box = Model no: Black box | Software: 7.5.3 Build: 4068-10 | NOW TV app: 3.8.71 • LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 32LN575V | Software: 04.28.14 | OS: NetCast •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.17.3 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

Elite 4

Irf7 wrote:

Fellas, forward this message via e-mail to Now TV:

I wish to complain about the sexism in this post. Fellas......   What about the ladies on this forum!! :-) :-P 

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor not staff so cannot help you with account matters I can just attempt to point you in the right direction.

Chat are open 8am to Midnight:

Contact Us...

Devices I am currently using for Now: Android app on Moto E, Chromecast, LG TV, Smart box.
Contributor 2

Geezers and Countrymen,

We're getting off on the wrong toe here.

The whole premise of Sky Cinema remains as a hub of movie brilliance. Judging by the panoply of movies on offer, Now TV's acquisitions team is stellar; their technical team, however, ought to be sacked. They suck.

Sky has the resources to upscale both the sound and picture on offer on Now TV's Sky Cinema package. Dolby Digital and 1080p should be the least it can offer. It's almost 2017, darn it.

I care about cinema.

Scholar 5

@SeeMoreDigital @4268

Hi SMD

You said, "Actually, the thing that's currently irking me is that you are submitting posts on this forum using different identities!".

If you are right and this guy is conducting a self serving FAKE campaign then he should be closed down, he is not helping anyone but himself and as such should take his annoying self somewhere else.

UK Bob

Champion 1

ukbobboy wrote:

If you are right and this guy is conducting a self serving FAKE campaign then he should be closed down, he is not helping anyone but himself and as such should take his annoying self somewhere else.

Provided they've been granted the required privilages, it should be easy enough for the NOW TV Team Members check (or anybody else who has access to forums 'control panel') as all posters IP address should be displayed within their posts and in the forums data-base. A cross check of any given IP address will reveal how many forum identities are registered to it Smiley Wink

This function has been available on every forum I've moderated. I remember one guy having several identities, which he/she used to ask and answer their own questions, increase poll counts and like their own posts Smiley Surprised

How sad do you have to be to do something like that Smiley Wink

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer just like you! •

NOW TV Box = Model no: Black box | Software: 7.5.3 Build: 4068-10 | NOW TV app: 3.8.71 • LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 32LN575V | Software: 04.28.14 | OS: NetCast •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.17.3 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

Contributor 2

Brothers, I am no fake. I'm just technically inept and may have mistakenly doubled my identity.

I just want Now TV to fulfill its potentials. I shall not stop campaigning till 5:1 Dolby Digital sound and 1080p is delivered. I deftest mediocrity.

Is that a crime?

Community Administrator

Hi @Irf7@SeeMoreDigital@ukbobboy@4268

Just thought I better pop in and say hello. I'm sure it was an honest mistake that an extra profile got created - and I'm sure there was no malicious intent, as that would breach our lovely "Rules of the Road". Smiley Happy I'm glad we have people who are passionate about the experience! 

Regarding 5.1 surround sound, NOW TV have no announced plans to support this as of yet. This may change in the future. It would depend on a number of factors - I imagine popularity in the marketplace would be high on the list. I've not personally seen any market research on the extent of 5.1 compatible households in the UK; does anyone have any stats?

Thanks,

Jason

Contributor 2

Jason-C, thanks for commenting.

The thing is that Dolby Digital is available on myriad blockbusters via Sky Cinema on the HD box. Therefore, why not extend that to Now TV customers? It's already there for the taking. There just has to be the will to do it. Are we second-tier clients to Now TV, perhaps?

There is a genuine want for this feature. Just read the comments on this forum. Now TV has issued a 5:1 and 7:1 ready box, therefore, the awareness is there.

Your content is great. Your technology ought to compliment that.

Regular 1

It would be nice to have 1080p and 5.1, but how many people can make use of it, first you'd need HDMI enabled receivers or sound bars (as the NOW TV boxes don't offer digital audio ouputs (I'm not sure if the new box has one?)) and secondly you'd need enough of a connection to get the higher bitrate. How many customers would select 5.1 and 1080p and not be able to get enough bandwidth? They'd be on here minutes later asking we they're buffering.

I'd prefer subtitles over 5.1 and 1080p.