cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

4008 error

I already have a entertainment pass and would like to add the 14 days free trial on my NowTV box but for the past 3 weeks, it keeps giving me the same 4008 error message. My payments details are correct plus I don't need them at this stage, as it's a trial anyway. I would like to add the pass, what do I do? The help forum isn't very helpful for this issue. Thank you.
32 REPLIES 32
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have encountered with your account. 

Just so we're on the same page, do you already have a Movies Subscription? 

Have you tried updating your card details at all to see if this allows the free trial to be applied? 

You still need a card on the account in order to apply the 14 free trial. 

We look forward to hearing from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

same problem

shows on trial online but tv has error 4008

card details fine even tried to pay for it but wont allow me as it shows online as on trial

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have an 4008 error code but my debit card details are correct, I want to buy a months sky movie pass but keep getting error code 4008. cAn you help me??

Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi, I noticed your post. I would recommend that you contact chat. I would also suggest buying a voucher from Argos to save you money http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3179440.htm?tag=ar:shop:nowtv:3monthentpass

If you need to reach chat click the following link and then click the contact button at the bottom and finally select chat (8am to midnight) None of the above...

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Make sure that your card details are entered exactly as they are registered with your card issuer.

Also make sure that you have sufficient funds within your payment card.

Might also be worth checking with your card issuer just to check if there are any blocks on your card.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

purchased free 14 day trail cinema pass but when i try to watch a film it comes up problem with now tv payment and error code 4008

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.  Error 4008 indicates an error with your pament details.  Please double check you entered everything correctly.  If you're still having problems contact Live Chat.  Click on this link http://help.nowtv.com/article/How-to-cancel-NOW-TV and hit the green Contact Us at the bottom of the page, this will take you to the Live Chat & Email options (8am - Midnight). Best to use a PC/Mac.

Hope this helps

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us. I was very sorry to hear you were getting the 4008 error code when trying to add your pass.

I've dropped you an e-mail about this, please keep an eye out in your Inbox/Spam folders 🙂

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User We would advise going onto a live chat with our team to help you with this. The link for them is https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

Ryan M 

Social Media Team