cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

3 month Cinema Pass

Hello,

I purchased the now tv smart box for my dad as a Christmas present as it came with a free three month cinema voucher. He's just informed me however he's been charged in January and February. Don't understand how this has happened considering I set the box up myself and definitely entered the voucher code.
10 REPLIES 10
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

All brand new NOW TV subscribers are elegible for a 'free 14-day trial' in-addition to applying any supplied voucher code passes. This being the case, are you 100% sure that you actually applied the voucher pass code that have been supplied either within your NOW TV box or as part of an e-mail offer?

If you purchased a NOW TV branded product, the voucher code pass comes in the form of a small card with a silver 'scratch-off' strip on its rear side 😉

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Absolutely sure! I remember scratching the silver off and entering the code on Christmas Day! It's just a nightmare because obviously since my dad has thrown away the voucher but can confirm when and where it was purchased from if that helps to validate?! I do require a solution to this as soon as possible however as my dads concerned he's going to be charged a further £9.99 for movies when he should have had three months free!
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
It's just a nightmare because obviously since my dad has thrown away the voucher but can confirm when and where it was purchased from if that helps to validate?!

How was the product purchased and who from. Did you use a debit/credit card? Any proof should help 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep, same problem. Today, I viewed my bank statement and was dismayed to see that a payment had been taken out long before the three months were due to expire. Like you I HAD entered the 3 month promotional code on-screen, however, it would appear that the '14 day trial' overrides any code that you enter upon setting up the account. I don't know whether this is poor web programming, or there is a a clever scam going on here.  Fortunately, I had kept my code and went back into my account and for the pure hell of it, re-entered the code again and it was accepted with a valid end date in three months time. In your situation I would complain and provide the date that you set up the account and maybe the IT dept will be able to see the code that you entered and apply it for you? It's worth a shot. I just wonder how many hundreds of other people are getting caught out like us? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello

I purchased for £15 from Sainsburys today a NOWTV Box that has a box in orange on the front that clearly states 'Includes 3 months entertainment pass.'

New to the whole NOWTV thing, I came online, created an account, scratched off the silver coating over the code and then entered it. My account is, however, saying that I have just 14 days pass before I will be charged rather than the 3 months advertised.

I am really not impressed and it looks like if I cancel the 14 day trial (to recmove any chance of being charged) then I don't get it at all

Not cool, NOWTV. As a new customer you have annoyed me before I've even plugged the box in!

Advice appreciated, thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks so much for getitng in touch via the community as you have entered a 3 month code however you have not had Now TV before you will automatically gett the 14 day trial and then the code you entered will kick in after the 14 day trial. This is done automatically as you're a new customer. Hope this helps

Cheers

Eddie

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

The NOW TV system breaks down payments into monthly periods, which can be confusing. In order to see the actual expiry dates of your vouchers, this is what you have to do...

While you are logged onto this forum using the same log-in details as your NOW TV playback device. Visit: My Account -> My Passes and select the relevent 'down arrow' for your subscription (ie: purple for Sky Cinema or orange for Entertainment). Here's a typical example of what your pass information should look like.

Note the info in the first yellow highlighted' line. Followed by the 'Offer ends on' line: -

offer ends on dates.PNG

What do you see?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello @SeeMoreDigital

Thank you for your time and help.

Unfortunately, when I follow your instructions and look at 'My Passes', I simply see 'You're on a free trial until 14th April 2017':

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User it is unusual for the offer to be 3 months movies. Usually is 2 or 4. Where did you buy it.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.