cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

2 month cinema pass

i had a 14 day free cinema pass and a 2 month cinema pass and e mail to say its active so why have i been charged???

28 REPLIES 28
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

In-case you were not aware... You still have to have a valid/active credit/debit card registered to your NOW TV account, even if you use voucher pass codes. It's a mandatory requirement of having a NOW TV account 😉

Cheers

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have you still got the sales receipt from the Retailer ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes that's not a problem. The problem is they are trying to charge me for something I've already paid for. They are trying to withdraw funds from an empty account.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Have you updated your credit/debit card details @Anonymous User?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'll update them with my current bank details once they've resolved this. Glad i,d emptied that account or I probably wouldn't have noticed. Lol
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I've got the receipt. Now TV told me to return it for a refund, if you can believe that. Don't know why as should be sitting out NowTv,s issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

That bit should read. Don't know why ASDA should be sorting out NowTv,s issues. Body autocorrect
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I understand. Everything ASDA supplied is fine. The Voucher was accepted onto my account and the Smart box works great. The problem is NowTV have removed my valid pass from my account. It just messes retailers about is they are having to do returns on perfectly good products becuase another company is having technical problems. Typical SKY for you.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hmmm....

Provided you have a valid receipt for what you have purchased (voucher-wise), unless your voucher time limit has expired, the NOW TV staff are usually very flexible...  

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Now TV are following the "Consumer Rights Act" where it states that your claim rights are against the retailer (the company that sold you the product) and not the manufacture i.e NowTV.

This linked article will explain more about the Consumer Rights Act and who is responsible.

I know this is frustrating and doesn't make sense in certain circumstances especially when it comes to voucher codes rather than faulty goods, but this is the way manufactures i.e. NowTV will respond to customers when their voucher code are for example invalid or missing in the box etc.

You would think that NowTV could simply resolve this at their end when it is their voucher code in question, but unfortunately they are just following Consumer Law Smiley Sad

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/sale-of-goods-act