cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

14 day cinema free trial showing on bill?

Hello,

I have recently joined NowTV broadband+entertainment pass for 12 months. 

I decided to evaluate the cinema 14-day free trial offered in the Playstation3 app I was in at the time.

It has been 3 days since enabling this and viewing 4 movies. I have now chosen to cancel the pass, which I have done via the MyAccount->MyPasses.

But when I go and look at my billing for this month and next it shows £9.99 for this month and nothing for next month regarding the cinema pass.

If this is a 14-day free trial and I cancel it within 3 days why is there a charge on my account?

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

The good news is, if you officially cancelled your NOW TV subscriptions (by accessing the 'My Passes' area of your 'My Account') and followed the cancellation procedure in full, NOW TV would have sent you a confirmation email of your cancellation request(s).

Provided you still have the cancellation email, claiming back any money NOW TV have taken in error should be a straight forward procedure by contacting a NOW TV representative.

If you don't have a confirmation email, provided you have not viewed any content (which the NOW TV people will thoroughly check) you should be able to get all (or a proportion) of your subscription payments returned/refunded to you by contacting a NOW TV representative.

You can contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility or 'Send us a message' facility by using a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device, as their web browsers might not sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows). Also, Mac or IOS device users might require JavaScript support enabled in their Safari internet browsers. Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • To 'Send us a message', click on the light blue 'Send Message' button.
  • To start a 'Live Chat', click on the dark blue 'Chat online' button.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

The good news is, if you officially cancelled your NOW TV subscriptions (by accessing the 'My Passes' area of your 'My Account') and followed the cancellation procedure in full, NOW TV would have sent you a confirmation email of your cancellation request(s).

Provided you still have the cancellation email, claiming back any money NOW TV have taken in error should be a straight forward procedure by contacting a NOW TV representative.

If you don't have a confirmation email, provided you have not viewed any content (which the NOW TV people will thoroughly check) you should be able to get all (or a proportion) of your subscription payments returned/refunded to you by contacting a NOW TV representative.

You can contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility or 'Send us a message' facility by using a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device, as their web browsers might not sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows). Also, Mac or IOS device users might require JavaScript support enabled in their Safari internet browsers. Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • To 'Send us a message', click on the light blue 'Send Message' button.
  • To start a 'Live Chat', click on the dark blue 'Chat online' button.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Worth bearing in mind that Combo customers are billed monthly in advance, so on your Next Bill you would have seen a £9.99 charge as NOW TV would assume the free trial would carry on into a paid month. However this should get adjusted within a day or two after you cancel the trial.

Also if your payment date fell between you taking out the trial and cancelling you may have been charged for the pass as NOW TV didn't know at that stage you would cancel, but that will then be reimbursed by an adjustment on your next bill.

However if you are in any doubt about what's showing on your bills page give the Combo Team a call and they can check everything is correct for you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Just wondering how do I get in touch with the combo team? Can't find any contact numbers 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If you are an existing NowTV Combo Customer, then open the link page below and click on the Call Us button once signed in.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/what-is-the-now-tv-combo

If you are thinking of switching to the NowTV Combo service, then if you go to My Account > My Package there should be a telephone number there to call.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

For future reference,

If you are a 'Combo' customer and need to discuss financial aspects of your NOW TV account. You're better of submitting your topics/posts within the forums dedicated NOW TV Combo area.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

The exact sme thing happened to me, I just need to find a contact number to ring the team and sort this