cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
superglo2012
Scholar 3

movies

The movies are total rubbish, you are lucky if you get one good movie a week but so far where are the new movies that are on the preview, and no dates on there either.

When this channel first appeared you got 4 good movies each Friday, now you get really bad movies made for tv with non actors you will never see again.

HELLO!!! NOW TV ARE YOU THERE!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @superglo2012 

Covid 19 has a big bearing on this.

Saying that the quality of movies that was produced Pre-Covid over the last few years in my opinion have been poor, where Studios have got lazy and keep turning out rubbish sequels & prequels and script writers have no imagination with poor scripts for actors to work from.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @superglo2012 

Covid 19 has a big bearing on this.

Saying that the quality of movies that was produced Pre-Covid over the last few years in my opinion have been poor, where Studios have got lazy and keep turning out rubbish sequels & prequels and script writers have no imagination with poor scripts for actors to work from.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@schnapps @superglo2012 @gavs82008 add to all that, there are now so many streaming services that the studios have a wider base of customers. If Sky won't pay the right money for the rights to show a film, Amazon or Netflix will!

You then get caught in the trap of higher prices for broadcasters and ultimately the customer.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Saint1976 

I subscribe to NowTV, Netflix, Amazon Prime & Disney + and to be honest i haven't seen a decent movie which i have enjoyed for months now (perhaps there is nothing that suits my particular taste or takes my fancy).

Even before Covid -19, there was nothing coming to the Cinema that i thought i might want to watch.

There seems nothing Original out there or anything in the pipeline that looks interesting from what i can tell, just Super Hero movies or Super Hero spin off's that is not the type of films that i tend to watch.

Though i did enjoy Kick A## and Deadpool which wasn't your typical Super Hero movie.

Last film i thought was OK was 1917 which was on the tail end of Pre- Covid, but in my opinion it was over hyped and nothing special.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@schnapps and that's something else all the services have to contend with - personal taste.

What one person thinks isn't good, others will disagree. If someone subscribes for a constant stream of blockbusters then they're going to be disappointed.

I confess that I have spent 20 minutes scrolling through all my subscriptions and not find anything that makes me think "I must watch that" (whether it's new or old).

Netflix are churning out original content. It can be hit and miss but I wouldn't say any of their films are terrible. Extraction was watchable (a switch the brain off type of film) and The Irishman kept me entertained. If one or two films like that come around every month or 2 then I'm happy enough.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Saint1976 

I see Sky have also started to move into making & producing movies on a larger scale, but i reckon it's not to do with the lack of quality out there, but because they are losing movies to other streaming services and need something to fill the gap.

Agree everybody has different tastes, when it comes to anything in life.

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Unlikely to be many new movies in the next 12 months.  Everything that came out prior to March 2020 is on one streaming service or another.  There are a small number of movies that came out in  August - October that may arrive later this year, but that’s it.  Probably going to be more worthwhile for me to rent Saint Maud outright than get any subscription.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@superglo2012 

All content that is on Now TV is supplied by Sky. So if Sky decide to put films on the cinema channels then it will in turn be on Now TV. 

If you are unhappy with the content that Sky are adding, you are best to send an email directly to Sky viewer relations. 

viewer R @ sky . uk (ensure no spaces)

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help