cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abiii
Advocate

Why doesn't Boost remove ads from shows and movies?

I have had boost add on for Now TV cinema and entertainment for months now and the reason I bought it is because it said it provides an "ad free" experience. However I've been getting adverts throughout on movies and series both on the phone app and on TV.  I tried contacting Now Tv but the "Get in touch" feature just takes me in circles and then leads me either to the community or the bot. I just want to get this fixed or clarified. Does anyone know an email or number I can call for Now TV? Or what I should do? 

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Abiii 

Is this live or on demand?

If it’s live then boost will NOT remove adverts. 
It ONLY removes boost for on demand.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Abiii
Advocate

It's on demand. I have only been watching on demand stuff. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Abiii 

Ok cool, so are you getting 30 seconds of promos for NOW content at the start of the show/film?

Or is it third party adverts at the usual times such as Tesco/Halifax

Abiii
Advocate

Yeah it's the 30s Now content promos. Since I got that as soon as I subscribed I guess I didn't realise that there are other types of ads for the non-boost subscribers. So I'm assuming we still get a type of "ad" from Now even with boost?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Abiii 

Correct, no skip feature like Amazon prime 😡

Could be worse, Discovery+ has been plugging in adverts for their on demand content. No way of getting rid of them, we even watched the same advert 3 times in a row last night, which was insanely annoying!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Abiii 

Have a nosy at this, but we’ve pretty covered it.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-without-ads