cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why does 5.1 not work!!

On my PS4 I've changed it in settings and it even says you have changed to Dolby Digital 5.1 yet it doesn't work!! Man this service is bad! 

6 REPLIES 6
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Well Mr Sux

Have you applied the Now TV Boost Pass to your account?

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Seriously, what a stupid question

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Seriously, what a stupid question

Hi @Anonymous User 

The reason why @ukbobboy is asking you whether you have subscribed to the boost pass on your account is because it would appear from some posts on the forum that some people may have trouble subscribing to it. From what I can gather from reading some of these you can't always subscribe to the boost pass directly from the device that you wish to use nowTV on the some users end up having to subscribe through the website by going to. The following page

https://account.nowtv.com/passes

If you have subscribed to the boost pass , then go to the my account section of the app on the device you're using, you should find the boost pass listed in your active passes and next to the boost pass, there should be a settings button from from their you should be able to tell the app that you wish to use 5.1 audio

Things work slightly differently on a now TV devices and Roku. you will have to change the audio settings to either Dolby, Dolby Digital plus or Dolby Digital plus, DTS in order to get 5.1 audio. You can do this by going to 

settings > audio 

then change the HDMI audio setting to one of the options described above.

Hope this helps you out 😀 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Again.. stupid. Obviously i have or i wouldn't have the option to change it!!! doesn't matter now anyway i found multiple topics that it doesn't work on PS4 anymore. Worst streaming service by an absolute mile. What is it more than triple the price of everywhere else yet they have stereo audio and 720p. And their boost to 1080p is considered an upgrade lol, absolute joke of a service. 

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Again.. stupid. Obviously i have or i wouldn't have the option to change it!!! doesn't matter now anyway i found multiple topics that it doesn't work on PS4 anymore. Worst streaming service by an absolute mile. What is it more than triple the price of everywhere else yet they have stereo audio and 720p. And their boost to 1080p is considered an upgrade lol, absolute joke of a service. 

@Anonymous User 

from what you've just said it sounds as if this issue is related to your PS or audio settings have a look at the help article at the link below. The PS4 tab of the article is of course what you're interested in

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-adjust-audio-settings

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
ukbobboy
Legend

@commanda6 

Hi Commanda

You know, if we're all so stupid and Sux is so clever, why is he here, surely he's brainy enough to work out or find the solution for himself.

Seems he just wanted to vent his spleen.

Angry-Emoji.png

UK Bob