cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

What time do movies get released on the day of release in the uk?

What time do movies get put onto the nowtv platform on the day of release in the uk. Would I be able to watch Zack Snyders Justice League at just gone midnight on the 18th of March in the uk?

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

My guess this movie will be added straight after midnight (NOW Twitter have confirmed in this screen shot below that the movie will be added to On Demand but doesn't give the time).

Also the first live air broadcast time for the movie on my Sky TV planner App says 7am in the morning for first live airing, though the Tweet mentions 8am.

Another thing to bear in mind is the movie will be in 4:3 aspect ratio with black vertical bars on each side of a widescreen television (which might off put me when watching the movie, where i prefer either 16:9 full screen or horizontal top & bottom black bars).

youdoodle-2021-03-15T18-46-42Z.jpg

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @schnapps Midnight GMT would mean we get it before it’s released on HBO Max which I can’t see happening.

However 7am GMT would be midnight PST in US so that sounds right.

I’d expect the on-demand version to appear then as well. Unless NOW release it early by mistake ... in which case, keep quiet!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Andy 

That's a good valid point, i keep forgetting the time zone difference 👍.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

This Internet article just popped up on my Google feed notifications. 

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/what-time-is-zack-snyders-justice-league-released-on-hbo-max-and-s...