cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Viewing stopped something's gone wrong

Hi i am receiving the error message Viewing stopped something's gone wrong if the problem persists contact online support team. Every time i try to watch something on my android tablet. Got 2 very upset kids who want to watch the lion king and can't 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Colette

First, I'm not Now TV, I'm just a customer like you and may be able to help.

I just have a couple of simple question:

1) Has your children's tablet been modified, added to or has had something new installed?

2) What is the make and model of the tablet?

I ask these questions because Now TV will not allow their programmes to run on modified tablets and, you probably don't know this, but some foreign made tablets are pre-modified before purchase.

UK Bob

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks Roy, I tried that

The first link is a broken link - try it, it says something like this page
is like a unicorn and does not exist

The second link you can get to live chat but it's only a robot and doesn't
answer your questions, if you ask a question like "how to fix viewing
stopped" it says I can't answer direct questions then takes you to a lot of
unhelpful pages.

If you can point me in the direction of a fix that would be great but I've
tried all night to find one and found nothing

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Yes, as soon as we find a tried and trusted way to get to a link to Live Chat, NowTV pull the plug on it 😢

Another lovely trick is ensuring that when I am looking at a link to Live Chat, and I Copy it and Paste it here, it doesn’t go there when you use it 😢

But try this:-

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/technical-device-issues/adding-or-changing-devices

and touch the tiny blue chevron at the bottom of the page.

(Doesn’t matter how you get there, as long as you get to Live Chat. Or maybe it does matter, and you get routed to an expert on the topic you used to get to Live Chat, and then you ask something else. But that would be NowTV’s problem to sort out, not ours).

Their next trick is that nothing will happen on any decently well-configured browser, so make sure, if this happens, that you try again with a browser that isn’t your usual one, and so has none of the safeguards that Live Chat seems to founder on.

But they are anxious to get your call and help you, honestly 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I eventually found how to contact support - how difficult is this:

From your mobile phone load the now TV app

Click on the 3 bar menu top left

Select my account at the bottom

In my account scroll to the bottom select help

select "how to cancel a pass"

Scroll down and select "get in touch"

Select "Now broadband and calls"

Select "Cancelling my service"

Scroll to the bottom and select "how to get in touch"

Be warned, they don't care about your problems and only want to fob you off, be persistent. They know about the "viewing stopped" issue but will NOT refund you even though they are obliged to under the consumer rights act - see:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-rights-for-consumers-when-buying-digital-content

Oh and if you raise a complaint with them they close it without offering any explanation.

Good luck

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've found that every time I try and view it on the TV it says it's not working come back later. The solution I have found is to press the 'My TV' button then go in to either continue watching or watch list and once in there then click the home button and it takes you to the main menu. Sometimes I have to click in to one of the programs on the fist bit and then the home button. This has been going on for about 2 weeks now. Once you've got in this way then the rest of the day the viewing is fine unlit you switch off and go on the next day. Hope this helps someone 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This worked thank you. Logged in on Xiaomi Pad5 and all other devices stopped working until I logged out again on the Pad5

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Go here to speak to an agent:

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/technical-device-issues/problems-watching-now-tv

Scroll down and select Get in Touch, and Live Chat.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi am getting this message on my new smart tv when am trying to watch movies on  my smart tv but coukd watch entertainment the other day 

And i cant ooen up live chat on here can someone help please 

Thanks in advance 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Get in Touch (all the options, and the best place to start):-

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/

On a screen with big buttons all around, you may find the link you need is under a tiny green arrow, so be vigilant.

Live Chat and Send Us a Message:-

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

On Live Chat, when you can get onto it, keep your answers short, sweet and prompt, or it will time out on you.

If the person you are talking to doesn’t seem able to understand your issue, ask to be escalated to the next level of help.

<If you can’t access Live Chat and nothing happens, try a different browser from your usual one (Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari) on which you haven’t disabled pop ups, third party cookies or indeed any cookies, haven’t set an Ad Blocker, and haven’t set Noscript on, or JavaScript off, as any or all of these things may prevent the Live Chat window appearing. Or try your usual browser in Incognito, sometimes called Private, mode.>

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I bought a sky monthly pass but cannot watch on my phone (samsung S10 5G) . Keep getting Something went wrong message.