cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: TV app

@schnapps 

Figured I’d take a picture just to keep it clear that Sony Android TVs with Now TV has bonus streams.

That being said I couldn’t tell if the FPS is 50 or 25, is there a way to test this?

image.jpg

Scholar

It does offer bonus sports streams, but none have worked for me.

Scholar

I don't get 5.1 either if I use inbuilt chromecast.

My main issue is with the tv app.

I appear to have tried everything.

I only have optical on soundbase, would this app only play 5.1 with hdmi.

0 Thanks
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @staxvolt 

Sorry about the confusion the inbuilt Google Chromecast feature i mentioned wasn't discussing 5.1 surround sound where i was going off topic in a different direction (my bad).

Out of curiosity what is the make and model of your Soundbase and does it show on the soundbase display if you are receiving a 5.1 signal or stereo signal ?

0 Thanks
Legend 5
Legend 5

@staxvolt wrote:

It does offer bonus sports streams, but none have worked for me.

@staxvolt With Bonus Streams you need a full NowTV monthly Sports Pass (not Mobile Pass or Day Pass) and the Bonus Streams are only available during the live event.

I believe there is some Women's Golf on later this evening under Bonus Sports Streams.

0 Thanks
Legend 5
Legend 5

@staxvolt 

Sorry can't be much more help as my soundbar has HDMI ARC. 

As a suggestion you can contact Now TV directly, to suggest updating the 5.1 sound to include optical. 

Now TV Customer Services Email.jpg

0 Thanks
Scholar

Il's a Cantom DM75.

Display will show if DD 5.1 if no DD then pcm shows.

0 Thanks
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @staxvolt 

I won't be much help, because i don't own a Sony Android TV.

On my Philips Android TV menu settings to get 5.1 surround sound to my AV Receiver via the optical out from the TV, i had to go into the Philips TV Advanced Sound Settings and from the three options of either Multichannel, Multichannel (bypass) or Stereo.

Multichannel without bypass (ARC) provides 5.1 dolby digital over the optical cable when watching Netflix, Amazon Prime App etc.

0 Thanks
Scholar

Ok.

Looks like I need to contact Customer Services, as I am sure this an issue with the app.

0 Thanks
Advocate

@staxvolt Did you manage to resolve this? I have the exact same issue. Dolby works fine on other steaming apps on my Sony TV (e.g. Netflix) but not Now TV. Cheers

0 Thanks