cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TV app

I have the Now TV on a sony Bravia.

5.1 surround is not working, I have Boost and enabled all settings.

Only getting stereo.

5.1 sound works if i use the separate Now TV box.

21 REPLIES 21
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sorry about the confusion the inbuilt Google Chromecast feature i mentioned wasn't discussing 5.1 surround sound where i was going off topic in a different direction (my bad).

Out of curiosity what is the make and model of your Soundbase and does it show on the soundbase display if you are receiving a 5.1 signal or stereo signal ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Il's a Cantom DM75.

Display will show if DD 5.1 if no DD then pcm shows.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I won't be much help, because i don't own a Sony Android TV.

On my Philips Android TV menu settings to get 5.1 surround sound to my AV Receiver via the optical out from the TV, i had to go into the Philips TV Advanced Sound Settings and from the three options of either Multichannel, Multichannel (bypass) or Stereo.

Multichannel without bypass (ARC) provides 5.1 dolby digital over the optical cable when watching Netflix, Amazon Prime App etc.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok.

Looks like I need to contact Customer Services, as I am sure this an issue with the app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Did you manage to resolve this? I have the exact same issue. Dolby works fine on other steaming apps on my Sony TV (e.g. Netflix) but not Now TV. Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No this has not been resolved.

I suspect the 5.1 signal is carried through as DD+ and would only work with HDMI.

I only have optical, so no luck.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

May i suggest getting a HDMI Optical splitter then I know a friend who has one for his Computer set up so he can use HDMI and his speaker set up. Amazon do a good one on there Amazon Basics package that should allow you to use 5.1 over optical  

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Sorry can't be much more help as my soundbar has HDMI ARC. 

As a suggestion you can contact Now TV directly, to suggest updating the 5.1 sound to include optical. 

Now TV Customer Services Email.jpg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @gavs82008 

I have a Philips Android TV which doesn't have the Native NowTV App on it and sometime i use the inbuilt Google Chromecast feature on the television, but on my Philips TV the HDMI Enhanced setting sometimes screws up my 5.1 audio output on either my sound bar or AV Receiver.

Going off topic, i been meaning to ask a Sony Android user, if the native NowTV App on the television offers NowTV Bonus Sports Streams ?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps 

Figured I’d take a picture just to keep it clear that Sony Android TVs with Now TV has bonus streams.

That being said I couldn’t tell if the FPS is 50 or 25, is there a way to test this?

image.jpg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help