cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky store

hi I  was wondering if anyone could help I purchased sky Cinema the other day and they emailed me a receipt but I can't seem to watch any of the movies on my NOW TV it keeps saying I need to buy a pass when I have already got one

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I am assuming you are talking about a nowtv cinema pass (even though Sky Store is in your title which is a totally seperate service).

Have you still got the email from NowTV confirming you have purchased a cinema pass and if so make sure your email address matches the sign in details on your nowtv account.

When you go to My Account on here and select Passes & Vouchers does it show an active cinema pass ?

If the email address doesn't work maybe try your nowtv username instead (if applicable).

If you are using a Sky ID log in, then have you changed any details on your Sky account, which you will also need to update your nowtv account (the accounts are not linked anymore and any changes need to be done on both Sky and NowTV).

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I am assuming you are talking about a nowtv cinema pass (even though Sky Store is in your title which is a totally seperate service).

Have you still got the email from NowTV confirming you have purchased a cinema pass and if so make sure your email address matches the sign in details on your nowtv account.

When you go to My Account on here and select Passes & Vouchers does it show an active cinema pass ?

If the email address doesn't work maybe try your nowtv username instead (if applicable).

If you are using a Sky ID log in, then have you changed any details on your Sky account, which you will also need to update your nowtv account (the accounts are not linked anymore and any changes need to be done on both Sky and NowTV).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi yes i brought it through now tv I went on passes & vouchers and it's on there it expires on the 28th of September and yet it still doesn't work 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Make sure that your playback device is signed in with the same exact details that you used to check your pass by going to Passes & Vouchers on here.

If it still asking to buy a pass, maybe try logging out and back in again with the account details that you checked here.

Out of curiosity what playback device are you using ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
ok thanks I'll try that I'm using it on my now tv stick
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you are still getting no luck, then maybe try factory re setting the nowtv stick by pressing & holding the small reset button on the stick for about 6 to 10 secs until the Lets Get Started screen shows on your TV.

Just be aware you will have to re enter your wifi & account details again from scratch on the stick.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I tried logging out and logging back in it still doesn't work.
I'll try the reset
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Once you factory reset your stick and enter your correct details fingers cross you will be able to watch your cinema pass.

If still no joy, when you open the nowtv app on the stick scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click on My Account does it say under Sky Cinema Pass (active) with a Start Watching purple  button or is there a grey Buy Pass button on your TV screen ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
it says bye a pass to start watching
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Normally I would say that you are logged into your stick with the wrong nowtv username (not forum name) or email address, and if you are convinced that everything is correct then you need to contact nowtv live chat so they can look into your account in more detai on their computer system and figure out why you can't access your cinema pass and not allowed to watch any nowtv movies on your smart stick.

Link below to live chat (just be aware the live chat lines are busy according to the red service banner on top of the forum pages).

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices