cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KBZ
Scholar

Sky Cinema 'coming soon'

Is there a simple way to find out which films are being added to Sky Cinema in the next month?  Sky used to have it on the website but they have got rid of it for reasons which escape me.  You'd think that knowing what films were coming soon would encourage people to subscribe.

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @KBZ 

Looks like Sky have closed the Sky Cinema Coming Soon Webpage and are suggesting to download the Free Sky Cinema Coming Soon App onto your mobile IOS or Android devices.

This must have happened recently, because i was on the Sky Cinema Coming Soon Webpage in the last week or so.

Going to download the App onto my tablet to see what it is like (hopefully it will be useful like the old Sky Cinema Premier & Coming Soon webpage).

I find the Vodzilla website a good source of NowTV information.

Link here for selected Boxsets and movies coming to NowTV in July taken from the Vodzilla website (They update the website every month to reflect what's coming during the month).

http://vodz illa.co/blog/coming-soon-to-now-tv/whats-coming-soon-to-sky-and-now-tv-in-july-2019/

KBZ
Scholar

The Android app wanted too many permissions for me because all I want is this one simple thing.

I like Vodzilla too but they were just collating monthly the info that Sky updated daily.  It's a shame that like with so many other things you have to go to a third party to get information that Sky/Now TV could easily make available directly.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @KBZ 

Perhaps somebody from the NowTV Team will read your thread and suggest to NowTV Management to maybe add a list of new Sky Cinema Movies coming out during the month which they could update at the beginning of each month and add this information under the News & Info section on the main front Community Page ?

I doubt it mind and my guess they will say that people who are interested in this information can go to the Sky Cinema App to check themselves 😠.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps 

It's a shame Sky have taken down the 'Premieres Coming Soon' page(s). That was my go to source to see future releases. I'm another one who won't use the app as Sky are asking for permissions they don't require to run the app. Hopefully it doesn't have any effect on this page for recently added movies https://www.artesea.co.uk/nowtv/movies.php

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Yep i agree with you both of you, where the webpage was useful and my first point of call when checking what new films are coming soon to Sky Cinema.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep, I think it was probably removed due to the fact that 95% of the months premiers were shockingly bad. I used to wait 3 or 4 months and then subscribe for a month. I also used to decide when it was worth adding the movies deciding on that months premieres.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I use to check the web link as well it seems they'd got rid of it. I just downloaded the app as some of the comments says it's on there. Once I downloaded I checked out the coming soon. It seems there's something quite wrong with that as it doesn't have any blockbuster hits coming soon. The ones are coming soon are unknown movies. I didn't like the permissions to. The alternative site people suggested is not good. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Too much dross on Sky's movie channels nowadays 😔