cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeyFett
Contributor 1

SD movie classification

I have the Movies Pass and have recently noticed that many of the recently added films are now showing the letters 'SD' by their titles, where this wasn't seen before. 

I assume this to mean that they are being streamed in 'Standard Definition' as opposed to 720P 'High Definition' but there is no confirmation of this that I have been able to find.

Any comments on this from anyone?

Thanks. 

0 Thanks
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeyFett
Contributor 1

Re: SD movie classification

OK, so I have just clarified this with NowTV Support. 

Whether the movie states 'SD' or not is totally irrelevant. All movies are output in 720P.

I have said this is somewhat confusing and it is being fed back to the appropriate Content department. 

0 Thanks
3 Replies
MikeyFett
Contributor 1

OK, so I have just clarified this with NowTV Support. 

Whether the movie states 'SD' or not is totally irrelevant. All movies are output in 720P.

I have said this is somewhat confusing and it is being fed back to the appropriate Content department. 

0 Thanks
HopeItsWorthIt
Occasional Poster

I don't suppose they have mentioned when they are going full HD 1080 which was supposed to be by the end of last year.

0 Thanks
MikeyFett
Contributor 1

I discussed that with them last month. It remains something that they 'are working on' but with no confirmation of when, or if, it will arrive. 

I expect it will happen one day due to commercial pressure to keep up with other streaming services, but no guarantee it will be in 2019.

0 Thanks