cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

SD movie classification

I have the Movies Pass and have recently noticed that many of the recently added films are now showing the letters 'SD' by their titles, where this wasn't seen before. 

I assume this to mean that they are being streamed in 'Standard Definition' as opposed to 720P 'High Definition' but there is no confirmation of this that I have been able to find.

Any comments on this from anyone?

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

OK, so I have just clarified this with NowTV Support. 

Whether the movie states 'SD' or not is totally irrelevant. All movies are output in 720P.

I have said this is somewhat confusing and it is being fed back to the appropriate Content department. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

OK, so I have just clarified this with NowTV Support. 

Whether the movie states 'SD' or not is totally irrelevant. All movies are output in 720P.

I have said this is somewhat confusing and it is being fed back to the appropriate Content department. 

I don't suppose they have mentioned when they are going full HD 1080 which was supposed to be by the end of last year.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I discussed that with them last month. It remains something that they 'are working on' but with no confirmation of when, or if, it will arrive. 

I expect it will happen one day due to commercial pressure to keep up with other streaming services, but no guarantee it will be in 2019.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You'd think 1080p HD would be easy to put out considering Netflix and other such streamers can output up to 4K. Its bit of a disappointment really. I also noticed everything under my TV to be SD but when I tried contacting them to ask why it wasnt HD they said it was either my device or wifi which was the problem. I'm on fibre optic and haven't had a single problem with it, so they ended the enquiry after telling me it was on my end. Quite disappointed by that, you'd think for what we pay we could actually get decent quality for the content we watch