cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Recommend a movie on Now TV

If there is a movie on Now TV which you feel is worth recommending to other users, please post a reply in this thread.  Or subscribe if you would like to see what users are recommending.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

214 REPLIES 214
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@noeyedeer

I'm a horror fan myself. If you haven't already definitely check out Get Out (Oscar-winning!) and Don't Breathe. If you don't mind World Cinema then Raw is the best indie-horror I've seen in years as long as you have a strong stomach.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

In This Corner Of The World is simply breathtakingly animation. 😮

We need more anime movies on here. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there! Here are the movies, that I would recommend! Hatchi A Dogs Story, Pay It Foarward, The Lion King, 21 Jump Street, White Men Can't Jump. Ghost. Jurrasic Park, Flubber, Chips, the new movie, as that is really funny and there is a twist, near the end of the movie, Despicable Me movies, I am sure that there are more movies, ou there, but I can not think of them, at this moment!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Any monster movie fans should check out Shin Godzilla on NOW TV. One of a long line of Gojira films from Japan this one features the giant unidentified creature causing havoc in Tokyo and focuses on the political response to the invasion which adds an interesting slant to the usual monster movies. Really enjoyable as long as you don't expect Hollywood glossy Godzilla, like all Japanese Gojira films the monster looks like it's stepped out of a 70s Tom Baker Doctor Who episode, but that's part of the fun. Japanese with English subs and beware the subs are lightning fast so you need to give it full attention!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

On the front of the photo, of the movie, looks like a cheap budgeted movie and it has sub-titles also, the movie is in Chinees, which I do not speak or evern understand!

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Movies don't have to be in the English language to have a great story. 

If anything, they can be even better than a Hollywood blockbuster.

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I dis-agree! To me, movies have to be at there best, or, I will not watch them or recormend them! A movie or programme, has to be belive-able! True to reality! That is the way it is! End off.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  with all due respect, this is a thread for everyone's movie tastes. 

What works for you may not work for someone else. Me and @Andy love world cinema so we welcome those recommendations.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@caseyb1993 wrote:

@Anonymous User  with all due respect, this is a thread for everyone's movie tastes. 

What works for you may not work for someone else. Me and @Andy love world cinema so we welcome those recommendations.

Agreed. It's only recently I've become more aware of 'foreign' tv dramas and movies and I have to say some of the things I've watched recently have been much better than my previous 'strict' diet of English speaking movies/programming.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I understand, that some movies are not to everone taste, but with the graphics and tech, these days, movies are much better, than ever before!