cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Recommend a movie on Now TV

If there is a movie on Now TV which you feel is worth recommending to other users, please post a reply in this thread.  Or subscribe if you would like to see what users are recommending.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

214 REPLIES 214
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there! I have a few movies, that I would reccomend, these movies are great and I think that they are some of the best ever movies going! Homeward Bound 1/2, Hatchiko A Dog Tail, Pay It Forward, Ghost and The Lion King, with these movies, you would really need a few large boxes of tissues!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Here are some movies, that I would like to watch! Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Tarzan and His Mate, Pay It Forward, Hatcihko A Dogs Tail! These movie are due to be comming out soon at the cinema soon, so I would like now tv to get hold of them, as these movies would be great to watch: >>>> Tomb Raider, Pacific Rim Uprising, Rampage, Jurrassic Park: Fallen Kingdom and Avengers: Infinity War!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous Userwrote:

Here are some movies, that I would like to watch! Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Tarzan and His Mate, Pay It Forward, Hatcihko A Dogs Tail! These movie are due to be comming out soon at the cinema soon, so I would like now tv to get hold of them, as these movies would be great to watch: >>>> Tomb Raider, Pacific Rim Uprising, Rampage, Jurrassic Park: Fallen Kingdom and Avengers: Infinity War!

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle coming to Sky Store on April 14th. It will eventually therefore make it to NowTV but not for a good few months yet. I'm not sure of the timescales for movies being on Sky Store before making it to NowTV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That is great! But it would be even better, if Sky could apss movies on to NOW TV, at the same time, as they get the movies!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I bought a stick as soon as they came out thinking I could get the latest films but was very dissapointed when I looked through them and they were all films that I had seen years ago. Anyway I have cancelled this movie trial.Stick might come in handy at a later date I suppose.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

STiCK, with it, as there will be new movies coming soon. it will take time for NOT TV to sort them ot!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous Userwrote:

That is great! But it would be even better, if Sky could apss movies on to NOW TV, at the same time, as they get the movies!

That is outside of Skys control. They must adhere to the contracts made by the film studios. It is they who control the timescales of release, not Sky. It is the same for any other platform, not just Sky.
noeyedeer
Scholar 2

I find that there's too many movies that fit in to 2 categories. 

1) Good movies, but i already have them on blu ray

2) New releases that are largely of no interest to me. The only new movies i tend to like are animation. I'm just not into the endless array of new superhero movies, or pretty rubbish remakes. 

There are some more obscure movies, but they're usually hard to find. Today i watched My Feral Heart. I mostly find myself watching animation and a few old "classics" that i've never seen and not bought on blu ray. I also don't like westerns, a fairly spectacular amount of the "classics" category are westerns. Great if you like westerns, not so great if hate them. I'm not massively blaming Sky on their choices, it's not their fault that most new films are 2 and 3 stars horror movies, superheroes and remakes. But it would be nice if they had a better selection of "classics" and "indie" films. I also never watch the live channels, so it would be nice if there were more on demand movies. The selection of 1,000 ish isn't that many really. It sounds a lot, but when you narrow it down in to categories, it's pretty much the same stuff on there forever.

I sound like i'm moaning, i really wanted to ask if anybody had any classics or indies to recommend that i may have missed! I like any genre apart from westerns, car chases, gangster movies and movies like superhero ones that are mostly dependent on action scenes. I have plenty of superhero movies on blu ray, but apart from the Batman ones i'm quite a bit bored with them these days. I think there's just too many of them, they used to be a bit of an event. Something different. Now there seems to be a new one every week. I can probably do without X-Men 63: Wolverine, Spiderman and the Green Hornet join Iron Man to fight Superman for a Kinder Surprise, whilst Batman irons his tights. The sequel. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there! I have a few movies, that I would reccomend, these movies are great and I think that they are some of the best ever movies going! Homeward Bound 1/2, Hatchiko A Dog Tail, Pay It Forward, Ghost and The Lion King, with these movies, you would really need a few large boxes of tissues!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I watched The Zookeepers Wife with the family last night. A touching movie set in Poland during the Nazi invasion. Definitely worth a watch.