cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Recommend a movie on Now TV

If there is a movie on Now TV which you feel is worth recommending to other users, please post a reply in this thread.  Or subscribe if you would like to see what users are recommending.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

214 REPLIES 214
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy @caseyb1993 Another movie trilogy I would really love to see added soon are Rise of the Planet Of The Apes, Dawn of the Planet Of The Apes and the most recent War for the Planet Of The Apes (eventually seeing as that's still currently showing in cinemas at the moment, lol!) CEASAR FTW!!! Smiley HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Tongue

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User No way!! Did someone mention monkey movies!!!! Omg I'm obsessed with Planet of the Apes, one of my all time favourite series of movies!! Yeah I love the new ones, so realistic and Caesar is awesome, that's what I love about the POTA movies, I always end up cheering on the apes!

if you've not seen War yet I'd definitely try and catch it before it leaves, best of the three seriously!!

image.png

There's a special on War in the Cinema Pass and they've got all of the original films (apart from Battle for some reason) as well as the Tim Burton version - Conquest is probably my favourite of the lot, great 'what if' alternative origin story ....

....I could talk about Apes all day!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've already seen War at the cinema and enjoyed it immensely Smiley Happy

Woody Harrelson plays the evil colonel so brilliantly Smiley Happy

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I have to admit, Ape movies don't really do it for me.

I did enjoy Peter Jackson's King Kong remake though. I even cried at the end. 😞

Jack Black was out of place there though. 😄

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User And you've got to love Bad Ape, if I was going to be a chimp, I think I know which one I'd be ... 😄

image.jpeg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy Yeah, Bad Ape (voiced by Steve Zahn) was absolutely brilliant, I really loved all of the more light-hearted comic relief moments he provided throughout so much Smiley Very Happy

@caseyb1993 That's ok, one man's trash is another man's treasure as they say...

Nothing wrong with being difffent at all Smiley Wink

Guy Ritchie's King Arthur: Legend Of The Sword is another super must-add new movie to the line-up at some point too, I saw that one twice at the cinema when it first came out and loved it to pieces Smiley Happy

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have you watched any of the original ape movies? If you enjoy the new ones then I'd definitely give some of the originals a go given most are on NOW TV - PoTA is of course the classic that everyone should watch with the killer ending that isn't a killer ending cos everyone knows it now! Summing them up in one sentence PoTA and Beneath are both good 'thought-provokers', Escape is the comedy one with the shocker ending, Conquest (my fave) is the 'origin' story as long as you ignore the massive time travel plot hole and Battle is the rubbish one that isn't on NOW TV anyway. As for the Tim Burton one, nobody seemed to like that, but I think it's a fun and watchable slice of alternate ape goodness!

article-2150936-13548434000005DC-397_634x937.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I haven't watched any of the 4 original POTA movies, let alone the more recent Mark Wahlberg starring/Tim Burton directed version either, though I do know and realise that they are all on Sky Cinema to watch as it is anyway, but they just don't appeal to me unlike the 3 most recent Caesar ones Smiley Happy

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I haven't watched any of the 4 original POTA movies, let alone the more recent Mark Wahlberg starring/Tim Burton directed version either, though I do know and realise that they are all on Sky Cinema to watch as it is anyway, but they just don't appeal to me unlike the 3 most recent Caesar ones Smiley Happy

@Anonymous User Caesar says bad! 😉

image.jpeg

and this Caesar wasn't too impressed either! 😄

image.jpeg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy LOL! Ok, so that post has just TOTALLY made my Friday! Smiley LOL

Thanks a million Andy! I really needed that! Smiley LOL