cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Recommend a movie on Now TV

If there is a movie on Now TV which you feel is worth recommending to other users, please post a reply in this thread.  Or subscribe if you would like to see what users are recommending.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

214 REPLIES 214
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

The French Movie 'The Intouchables' is great. Surprised at the lack of quality in the world movie section. Plenty out there.

@Anonymous User You can't beat World Cinema in my opinion. 😉

I am quite partial for K drama and J drama myself. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Wednesdays are the day that the Cinema Pass add a world cinema film as their premiere for the day (today's is Operation Chromite). Admittedly it’s not a huge selection but hopefully with those regular additions over time it will grow. For horror fans there’s been some good world cinema additions lately - When Animals Dream, Alena, Cub, Evolution spring to mind.

I’m also a big Asian horror fan and admittedly the selection of that on any of the major streaming services isn’t great, Amazon’s probably slightly better but not by much. That’s where good old DVDs and Blu-rays still come out on top for me.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy I never realised there were "themes" for specific days. 😮

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Ah alas I don't think there is. I just know that when Sky Movies changed to Sky Cinema they introduced the world cinema premiere each Wednesday to try and encourage more world cinema fans. Better than nothing! 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

The Girl With All The Gifts was a cracking watch, a zombie (strictly speaking they are infected by a fungus but you get the idea!) film where hybrid children could be the answer to a cure and are being held in secret military facilities for experimentation ... naturally things don't go to plan. Superb acting from all concerned especially the young Sennia Nanua playing Melanie and Glenn Close as a less than benevolent scientist. Plenty of tension and everything moves along at a pace, with some great deserted post-outbreak scenes around London, think 28 Days Later meets Day of the Triffids.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Will sing be on now tv soon. Iv been waiting for it as I know it was in cinemas near to December time.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there! My first post here on the Now TV forum! Yay! It's nice to meet everyone! Smiley Happy

I was just wondering if it was at all possible to maybe get some Japanese anime movies added to the Sky Cinema Pass line-up with their English subtitles at some point? English subtitled anime movies such as the Studio Ghibli ones (Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away, Ponyo, etc), A Silent Voice, Your Name, Akira, Perfect Blue, Vexille etc? Smiley Wink

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Welcome @Anonymous User! It is always nice to meet another anime fan! 🙂

You can't beat Studio Ghibli can you? "Only Yesterday" is my abolute favourite S.G movie. At the moment, I don't think NOWTV are adding anime movies as I have been begging for them myself. 😄

Viceland on the entertainment pass currently have some (dubbed) anime which is a great start so we may get some anime movies one day. 😉

I will tag my good forum pal @Andy who is getting into anime himself. 😉

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the forum! Hey we like anime around here! Well, some of us do anyway! Would be great to see some anime movies on here, I'll be honest though I can't remember seeing much if anything in the past. Basically the NOW TV pass mirrors Sky Cinema so if they get it we should get it. If you have the entertainment pass there some anime from the Viceland channel - Cowboy Bebop and Tokyo Ghoul (just watching that myself!) 

Theres also a dedicated anime topic over in the Off Topic section, feel free to join in with our resident forum expert @caseyb1993 😉

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Ah snap @caseyb1993 we get quite excited when anime is mentioned don't we! 😄