cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Recommend a movie on Now TV

If there is a movie on Now TV which you feel is worth recommending to other users, please post a reply in this thread.  Or subscribe if you would like to see what users are recommending.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

214 REPLIES 214
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy You weren't kidding...

50 minutes in of G.S and my brain has now melted....

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 As promised I gave Sausage Party a go. I nearly turned it off in the first 5 mins when they burst into song as I groaned '*%^^% it's a chuffing musical like all the Disney films' but luckily once the song was over it was fine! There were some very funny gags in it, and I quite enjoyed it but I'm afraid I'm still not converted to animation films, I just can't get into them properly (I've still got hopes that Beauty and the Beast live-action will win me over to musical films tho, here's hoping it's very Pan's Labyringth-y).

I'm not the only one to find the shape of the buns, together with the positioning of the lipstick and the fact they are talking rather disturbing am I? We all know what they were trying to convey, but they did it a little too well I reckon! 😄

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy Ooooppps, did I forget to mention the song?? 😉

Yeah, Brenda the bun is quite creepy. For me, it's the eyes. 😮

Beauty and the Beast 2017 was a great adaptation! It didn't wow me like I thought it would have with all the excitement but I will still add it to my collection. 🙂

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Enjoyed Let's Be Evil on NOW TV, ignore the 1 star it has, it's about 50% on IMDb and I'd say that's about right.

basically a 21st century Village of the Damned, creepy genius kids in top-secret bunker in unknown experiment. Fancy a load of money for the job of being locked up in there supervising them? Well 3 young adults do and not surprisingly things don't go according to plan ...

It's lightweight sci-fi turned horror fluff, but it's entertaining fluff and at only 1 hr 20 it's a nice easy watch. 

image.jpeg

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

I've noticed Suicide Squad has arrived. 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Surprised neither seem to have been mentioned here but Cloverfield (cert 15) and 10 Cloverfield Lane (cert 12) are must watch movies.  Very diifferent movies that could be watched separately with little connection between them but both have  thrills aplenty. Suitable for teenagers upwards.  Classic old style film making, Cloverfield apeing King Kong (sorry couldn't resist) and 10 Cloverfield Place with a nod towards Hitchcock.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

10 Cloverfield Place 

I meant 10 Cloverfield Lane. Seem to have mixed it up with 10 Rillintgon Place, which as far as I know isn't on NOW TV, but well worth tracking down for cracking performances from  Dicky Attenborough and John Hurt.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Agree with the two Cloverfield films @Anonymous User , 10CL was surprisingly tense. Did you know there's a third film coming out towards the end of the year, originally titled God Particle (but that may change) and set in outer space, so again a very different feel to the first.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy wrote:

...set in outer space,

Bit of a spoiler!   Will be interested to see how a third movie (and possible others) play out.  The connection between the first two is tenious, if there is any at all, and I would expect much the same again.  The most disappointing outcome would be a sequel that follows on from either movie!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The French Movie 'The Intouchables' is great. Surprised at the lack of quality in the world movie section. Plenty out there.