cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Recommend a movie on Now TV

If there is a movie on Now TV which you feel is worth recommending to other users, please post a reply in this thread.  Or subscribe if you would like to see what users are recommending.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

214 REPLIES 214
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The other 2 transformers movies so you have the box set as there is only the first and last film. Please
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Who framed Roger Rabbit? I saw this for the first time today and I think it is on here. 

All I can say is wow. No wonder people are always pausing the Jessica Rabbit bit 😮

This is Disney? 😮 😄 

I take it Disney were able to get away with things back in the 80's. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

I have two movies to bring up 😉

I watched Tammy yesterday 🙂

Pretty good but could have been better.

I dug out a comedy out of my DVD collection and found 'Ruthless People'.

That is still hilarious! Smiley LOL

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

A couple of films: I agree with 'Ruthless People'. It's a fantastic film. Also, the disney film 'Tangled' would be awesome. My wife misses it being on Now TV. We have it on DVD, but it's not the same, having to lump the dvd player upstairs all the time!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sherlock Holmes (2nd one), all the Hobbit and lord of the rings movies and my all time favourite Muppets Treasure Island. Also if possible when available the newest X-men film, WoW and Grimsby. All the above films would ve awesome to have on Now TV.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

I watched Deadpool last night on Bluray and thoroughly enjoyed the movie from start to finish and it was refreshing to see a Superhero movie with a different "spin to it". Smiley Happy

With this being a 20TH Century Fox Studio movie and with the tie up with Sky, i would imagine this movie will eventually end up on Sky Cinema.

Just make sure that the little ones are in bed when you watch this film, its not your typical Superhero movie such has Superman, Spiderman etc.

Highly Recommended (9 out 10) can't wait for the sequel. Smiley Very Happy

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps

Yeah Deadpool was good, @caseyb1993 could talk about it all day with you. Whilst I enjoyed all the humour and the third-wall breaking, I did think it lacked a bit of substance to the story and the set pieces, the final confrontation in particular was a bit on the underwhelming side. But that's always the problem with origin stories, I'm not that much of a fan of movies telling the origin stories as it often gets in the way (especially when you keep getting new origin stories every few years like Batman and Spider-Man!) but now it's out of the way I'm looking forward to an original Deadpool 2!

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps Oh yes, the whole breaking the 4th wall was genius 🙂

I do agree there @Andy, the origin story was a tad too long but it added to the awesomeness 😄

Oh great, now Careless Whispers is in my head. 😄

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 O yeah, its fourth wall not third wall! 😄 Mind you, I doubt any of the theatres around here are posh enough for backdrops, last time I went they had no seats and we took rotten tomatoes to throw at half time.

Back to the topic of movies on NOW TV if you like cheesy slasher horror (and I know you do) check out Stage Fright 2014 its Glee meets Scream which sums up exactly what you are getting and it's a fun watch if you want a forgettable, predictable, popcorn horror night in - plus it's got Meat Loaf so what more could you ask for. 

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy That sounds good, I'll add it to my watchlist 😉