cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Recommend a movie on Now TV

If there is a movie on Now TV which you feel is worth recommending to other users, please post a reply in this thread.  Or subscribe if you would like to see what users are recommending.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

214 REPLIES 214
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 wrote:

Not on NOWTV but me and the family enjoyed Rise of the Krays and its sequel Fall of the Krays.

A lot of people have been saying they are rubbish and wooden but we thought they were really good! 

The one who played Reg even replied to me on Twitter! 

@caseyb1993

Thanks for that.

Managed to see both of them over the weekend and like you said is definitely worth a watch, i thought the actor who played Ronnie Kray was extremely good.

Though if i had to choose, i think "Legend" with Tom Hardy is still my favourite out of the two.

A quick heads up if anybody is interested, "The Rise of the Krays" has just been added to Amazon Prime.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps Glad you enjoyed them and I agree about Legend being on top 🙂

They are worth a watch as they are a good take on the Krays.

I was laughing every time Ronnie yelled at someone, he went as red as a tomato 😄

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993

Yeah, i did enjoy them (would have given them a miss due to the poor reviews by the film critics, but took a gamble on your recommendation) Thanks.Smiley Wink

Another movie that i also watched during the week was "The Martian" on Blu-ray the picture and sound was stunning and the flim was again really enjoyable (reminded me of Robinson Crusoe in Space) highly recommend.Smiley Happy 

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps I have The Martian on one of those UV codes that a friend gave to me but have yet to make time to watch it. 🙂

I want to though 🙂

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993

Hopefully you will enjoy the movie ( you just need to find two and half hours spare which is the approx length of the film ).Smiley Happy

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

What a film Batman V Superman is! I cannot understand why it has had so much hate? It was excellent in my opinion. 😄

I can definitely see this coming to NOWTV one day *hint hint* 😄 😉

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 wrote:

What a film Batman V Superman is! I cannot understand why it has had so much hate? It was excellent in my opinion. 😄

I can definitely see this coming to NOWTV one day *hint hint* 😄 😉

@caseyb1993

Glad you enjoyed the movie, what did you think of Ben Affleck has the new Batman, did he look the part in the Bat suit.

Suppose, this is another movie to add to my LoveFilm rental list.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps Going into it I thought Affleck was going to be rubbish. I admit I thought this since he was cast but oh do I owe him an apology! 

He looked the part, sounded the part and played the part very well! 

I had to resist googling the film because of spoilers which I am now glad about. 🙂

Make sure you add it to high priority on your list, I've only been home an hour and have already preordered it from amazon. 😄

Legend 5
Legend 5

I saw them on the Graham Norton show. All I can say is wooden! No charisma from them. No real bouncing off each other. Not one of the better episodes. Sounds like they were better in the film though.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps I forgot to mention that the soundtrack is really good.  I have already bought that as well 🙂

@4268 I will admit there were a few scenes like this but not enough to ruin the movie. In my opinion anyway. 😄