cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Recommend a movie on Now TV

If there is a movie on Now TV which you feel is worth recommending to other users, please post a reply in this thread.  Or subscribe if you would like to see what users are recommending.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

214 REPLIES 214
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Would highly recommend Gone Girl, really enjoyed this movie and i thought Rosamund Pike was outstanding in her role where she got a Nominee for Best Actress at the 2015 Oscars which imo was thoroughly deserved.

Also thought that this was one of Ben Afflect better movies and he gave a solid performance has the estranged husband and well directed by David Fincher.

Legend 5
Legend 5

Prometheus is on film 4 on Thursday 13th Aug
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
BicBasher
Elite

The original RoboCop is now on Now TV and Sky Movies Sci-Fi/Adventure.

Forget the reboot, the original has the right amount of satire to match the action about the cybotic Detroit cop.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

'Ex Machina 2015' is easily the best film i've seen in a very long time.

Just the right amount of special effects which are stunning throughout the whole movie.

If you're expecting lots of guns and explosions like 'Star Wars' or pretty much any other Sci-Fi movie then you might wanna look elsewhere as it could be considered slow and boring by some, only using about 4 actors for most of the movie in a single indoor location, but i was gripped till the end - Hard to explain why, but it just clicked with me.

Very highly recommended and definitely worth a look.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'd like to recommend a drama called Little Children it's quite low key, but I found it engrossing & not what I was expecting.  There are some good performances in it too.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree Ex-Machina was without a doubt one of the best films of that year. If I remember correctly Cineworld had an Unlimited Screening & I sat there on the bus thinking woah.....wasn’t expecting that ending. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi 

Its not so much of reccomanding a film but as a paying subscriber like many of you I was wondering how many of you like a horro film and have noticed that in the horror section there seems to be less and less horrors and loads of action and comedy etc. I am trying to get now tv to add some more horrors and instead of removing them and not replacing them they should have the same amount of films in each category so each paying subscriber will have a choice of there favourite section or wats the point in paying for something that isn't meeting your expectations.

Thanks

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

yeah, I see where you're coming from, although I don't  think the selection is too bad. I enjoy horrors and scifi mostly as well, and we are a little hard done by compared to romantic comedies and family films! Still I think it reflects what's coming out in the cinema with a pretty poor selection of horrors recently, I haven't seen a horror film at the cinema since last year. 

Ouija has just turned up which is entertaining if somewhat derivative, Curse of Chucky was a very pleasant surprise, much darker and more serious in tone (I'm a big fan of the series anyway but this was quite unexpected and different in a good way), and Treehouse was surprisingly good in the first half, although like so many horror films in general let down by a poor ending.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Watched Ghost last night (dvd) for the millionth time last night so if you haven't seen it, then where have you been? Woman Sad

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 wrote:

Watched Ghost last night (dvd) for the millionth time last night so if you haven't seen it, then where have you been? Woman Sad

@caseyb1993 I've been watching Game of Thones like you should have been, not wasting your time with slushy nonsense! 😉

as as for a real film, I watched Mad Max the other night, not seen the films for SO many years, glad to see they still give a good evening's popcorn entertainment! Looking forward to catching up on a bit of Tina soon! Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome