cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Recommend a movie on Now TV

If there is a movie on Now TV which you feel is worth recommending to other users, please post a reply in this thread.  Or subscribe if you would like to see what users are recommending.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

214 REPLIES 214
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Fingers crossed that Santa brings you one this year @Andy 

Just be sure to keep it away from those Xmas dinner scraps after midnight Smiley Surprised

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I'd like to recommend Gattaca with Uma Thurman & Ethan Hawke. It's sci-fi drama which for some unknown reason flopped when it was 1st released in 1997. it really is well worth a look.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User

I agree Gattaca is a great thought-provoking scifi. If you liked that you'd probably like The Island, which is also on NOW TV at the mo. More action packed than Gattaca but still gives you plenty to think about as well. Again rather underrated I think.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI @Andy yes, The Island is another favourite of mine.  Gattaca is certainly not a sci-fi movie for those looking for an action film...

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

For those looking for a different type of Christmas film, I suggest checking out the Xmas Naughty List

Almost Christmas is a worthwhile watch for fans of indie cinema and Paul Giamatti.

Bad Santa is definitely on the Naughty List.  Not one to watch with Grandma.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Definitely agree with you there on Bad Santa lol!  Very funny film.

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

I have just watched a hidden gem from 2014 (which isn't in the Hidden Gems 2014 collection):

Time Lapse is a great little timey-wimey thriller.  It's about 3 flatmates who discover a device which can take a photo of events 24 hours in the future - leading them into increasingly murky situations.  Think Shallow Grave meets Primer (or TimeCrimes).

It's very tense and clever in a what-would-you-do kinda way.  And it features an ending which I defy you to see coming.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
@DarylM Time Lapse was a great little recommendation, I watched it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it, it may be low budget but it had me intrigued and gripped from the very beginning! Thanks! 🙂
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

It's only 6 minutes long, but I have to recommend Pixar's The Blue Umbrella.

The opening few shots look like live action - but they're not.  The CG animation in this is fantastic and is, at points, truly photo-realistic.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I'd like to recommend Captain Phillips, it's not a film I was keen to see at all, but I watched it at a friend's house & thoroughly enjoyed it. One of the better films I've warched in a while.