cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Recommend a movie on Now TV

If there is a movie on Now TV which you feel is worth recommending to other users, please post a reply in this thread.  Or subscribe if you would like to see what users are recommending.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

214 REPLIES 214
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

If you like cheesy sci-fi, and are too young to remember it the first time round (like me!) have a watch of Barbarella

A great kitch sci-fi romp with Jane Fonda in suitably tight costumes and enough innuendos to make Frankie Howard jealous. I have lots of fond memories of the 80s Flash Gordon ("GORDON'S ALLIIIVVVEEEE????") and this made a very enjoyable mixture of Forbidden Planet and Ming the Mercillous. Give it a go!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'd recommend The Call, it's a decent thriller & Halle Berry is v good in it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Totally agree with the 'Barbarella' recommend...so different from the normal sci-fi film.

"Hello my Pretty Pretty" 🙂

Although it's as camp as they get it actual requires pretty decent tongue in cheek acting from FONDA & LAW especially.

There was talk about a remake (it's nearly 50 years old and still works today) which was supposed to be directed by SIn City 1&2, Spy KIds 1,2,3 and From Dusk Til Dawn fame...i could go for the remake but who to cast that would outdo Jane Fonda? that's the question? June Temple?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Glad you liked my Barbarella recommend, it's an absolute blast for all the right and wrong reasons, I think it's definitely become one of my guilty pleasures, and as you say is not one of those 'so bad it's good, films, indeed they definitely crafted it very well to get the exact effect they did! I shall be watching again soon!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

With Christmas coming i think a Christmas collection needs to be added, i also think the harry potter films need to be added, the twilight films need to be added. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous User 

Good call!

Home Alone and Gremlins for the win! 

I'm sure we'll have some fantastic Christmas movies coming to the service very soon Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Steve

NOW TV Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Definitly!!!

I feel very weather orintated these days, dark stormy films. Both home alone films need to be added. even the tim allen santa clauses. Im sure these will be added in due course! cant wait for my now tv box to get started, cant seem to find the first Lord of the Rings

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous User 

Yep, as it's the Halloween season I love to settle down with some scary movies in October. 

We've got some great horrors at the moment, but it'll soon be time to bring on some festive cheer. 

Thanks,

Steve

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
With Die Hard 1&2 already added there is no need for any more Christmas films 😉
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User

Gotta agree with Gremlins, its the only Xmas film I need. Who wouldn't want to wake up on Xmas morning and find Gizmo peeking out of the stocking.

And as for Halloween ... I am ready and waiting for Paranormal Activity The Marked Ones 🙂