cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Recommend a movie on Now TV

If there is a movie on Now TV which you feel is worth recommending to other users, please post a reply in this thread.  Or subscribe if you would like to see what users are recommending.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

214 REPLIES 214
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

If you like low-key American indie movies, I recommend Free Samples starring Jess Weixler and Jesse Eisenberg.  It's a simple tale of a college dropout reassessing her life over the course of one day whilst giving out free samples of ice cream from a van.  At only 76 minutes it's refreshingly short.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Denzel Washington on A game, as usual.. bit of a slow burner, but worth it.

Don't ask why. Just do!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

I'd recommend giving Violet and Daisy a go ... it's a quirky mix of violence, emotion and black comedy as two teenage assassins (shockingly efficient and utterly inept in equal measure) find their latest target (reluctantly accepted in order to fund their need for a new dress) is not such an easy assignment after all. Saoirse Ronan and James Gandolfini are particularly mesmerising in this film where you are never quite sure what to expect or how events will unfold. I suspect this will be a Marmite movie where viewers will either love it or hate it, but with a lean running time, a rocking soundtrack, and shades of Leon and Kill Bill it's definitely worth a punt!

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Nice one @Andy  - I didn't know that was on here! 

I second the recommendation.  I've seen it and it's a great film.  Helped enormously by James Gandolfini and Saoirse Ronan (who I loved from Hanna).

I see you share my liking for a lean running time (makes it so much easier to sample something a bit offbeat).  I thought there was once a 'Collection' on Now TV of 'short but sweet' films?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
Your absolutely right, @DarylM short running times do tempt me to give films a go that don't necessarily look like my cup of tea, but often you find you quite enjoy them! There's nothing worse than seeing a film you're not really sure about, and then seeing 148 mins in the description!
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy 

The long running time is why it look me so long to give Cloud Atlas a go.  I enjoyed it very much, but at 164mins it's not exactly a film you're likely to think "I'll give it a try" if you're not sure about it.

My rule of thumb is, if I haven't heard of a film but the plot or cast sound interesting, I'm willing to give it a go if it's under 90 minutes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'd strongly recommend Trading Places.

Terrific film.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i must admit i do like my horrer films so i would have toi recommend 28 days later and if you like one with high production values i woulld say the underworld series

Anonymous User
Not applicable

All seen it 12 times,  going to cancel my 10 a month really not worth it,  no up to date films plenty of golden oldies and kids stuff,  seen all they got before that is if i wanted to watch it, and its nearly all,