cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Price increase for monthly Cinema pass?

Hi

I've just noticed that it looks like the Now TV Sky Cinema monthly pass is increasing in price to £11.99 a month from early April 2019. See the link below and click on 'Terms and conditions' for details of this.

https://www.nowtv.com/pass-bundles/movies

and https://www.nowtv.com/pass-bundles

This makes the vouchers which can as be purchased in many stores even better value at the moment. The Cinema passes can still be bought for £15.00 for 2 months of Sky Cinema. I wonder if these will go up in price soon as well? Hopefully the monthly Entertainment pass will stay the same price.

Derry

33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous User
Not applicable

They've broken through the psychological £10 barrier for me.

I might go back to Cinema Paradiso, who offer unlimited DVD rental for £10 a month.  And I can buy my favourite films second hand on Amazon for a few quid each and keep them forever.

I used to think this pass was good value for money, but not so much now.

As somebody mentioned, this is because Comcast overpaid for Sky and now they are trying to get their money back.  Good luck with that.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV just sent me an email saying they will refund me the extra £2 for this month's Cinema Pass. They never formally told me that the price was going up! Whoops.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Yeah TM

You said, "They've broken through the psychological £10 barrier for me." Well, me too.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The price hike is absolutely ridiculous. I agree with a lot of the previous points. 

Why has the price gone up? I asked them on the online chat and all they could do was offer me a £2 refund! £2 extra per month is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things as long as there is justification but there's none...

- Same amount of movies

- Same 720p picture quality (in 2019!???)

- Same sound quality.

I wonder if the price will incraese even further if they improve on those three things? 

If that's the case or we do not receive adequet responce from NowTV then i'll also be cancelling this pass.