cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Price increase for monthly Cinema pass?

Hi

I've just noticed that it looks like the Now TV Sky Cinema monthly pass is increasing in price to £11.99 a month from early April 2019. See the link below and click on 'Terms and conditions' for details of this.

https://www.nowtv.com/pass-bundles/movies

and https://www.nowtv.com/pass-bundles

This makes the vouchers which can as be purchased in many stores even better value at the moment. The Cinema passes can still be bought for £15.00 for 2 months of Sky Cinema. I wonder if these will go up in price soon as well? Hopefully the monthly Entertainment pass will stay the same price.

Derry

33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous User
Not applicable

£11.99. for 720p and stereo audio, there having a laugh. The films are rubbish aswell.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just left sky broadband price  so over the top there having a laught and now with this now tv price increase for movies. I can't even get half the films on now tv, all the dinisy films seem to be taken off. no toy story no Sing. Sky you are so out of touch and your sky tv is rubbish.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just noticed this myself, way too expensive unless the promised full HD is introduced.  I have seen quite a few adverts for £10/m for Cinema on the Sky platform, albeit with a long term contract.  Still would expect NowTV to be cheaper though.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was paying £6 for sky movies from the sat platform, Ive even cancelled that, it comes off the end of this month.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree totally!! If from April (when price goes up) it's still 720p and stereo....I'm OUT!! I don't mind paying a little extra if it goes Full HD and 5.1 surround.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, it is going up from £9.99 per month to £11.99 per month with effect from 3rd April.

You can still get a 2-month Cinema Gift Voucher for £15 from Currys and some supermarkets, but they may not be available for much longer so if you want one or two get in quick!

Also, Netflix in proper HD is only £7.99 a month, and they have a much better library of movies - and box sets as well.  I don't know how Now TV can justify £11.99 a month.

Wlat

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The library for the Cinema pass just gets worse and worse. Hardly ever any new blockbusters when it does update so I don’t see what we’re getting for the additional cost

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I completely agree, recently NowTV Movie additions have been shocking. They rarely put anything worth watching on and to increase the money is ridiculous. I’d be happy with the increase if the movies provided improved but I very much doubt they will. The Entertainment pass is also just as bad, leaving limited time to watch episodes leaving you having to wait years for them to be put back on.

chai
Scholar 3

When NOW TV launched in 2012 the Sky Movies Pass was reported to have cost £15 a month (which obviously didn't last long).

However Sky did have a noticably better selection of movies back then!